First tests with Preampus Distortus!

Hey man, i like your tone, sounds great. I really like that nice high-end, not harsh. In my opinion it sounds better than the 8505 :)

Thanks! Yeah the 8505 I use for more razorsharp stuff. The main thing I use for the highend is the SPECTRALIVE NXT plugin, to me it opens up the sound and make it clearer while keeping the distortion not so harsh.
Check that plugin out! I use if for alot of stuff.

Your vocals sounded really good here! Could you share any info about them?

Your vocals sounded really good here! Could you share any info about them?

Thanks!
Yeah sure! Heres the order of the plugins and what I did with them :)

EQ reducing some lowend and boosting some highs, also a LP because my voice gets very razorsharpish and that affects some of the very high feq's in a bad way.

Compressor, actually not that much compressing as I normally do. It was hard to make the vocals pop when I used to much comping.

DeEsser for that purpose :)

DaTube for distortion but only like 5%, really did this of habit it didn't really affect the vocals at all really :O

Delay and Reverb

So basicly EQ, Compressing and Delay/Verb

It's very "true" to how I sound IRL.

If you like that one I just did the vocals for the other track aswell :)
https://files.getdropbox.com/u/1520413/Throwing my life away.mp3

Thanks alot for the info man :) Very cool vox in the other tune too! Could you also tell how many tracks of vocals did you record on this, and was there any pitch shifting involved BTW?

I did 1 track of vocals for the main singing and added 2 hard panned tracks to do some deeper vocals, but those tracks were only used for like 1 word in the songs or so :)
So theres really only 1 vocaltrack and no pitchshifting involved. I believe that's how the original was done.

Feel free to ask anything more if you want:)

I think your vocs are way better than the original, more raw & brutal! Somehow your vox gave me the urge to record something with my hm-2,
but unfortunately I'm not home this week, so I hope the inspiration stays till next week :headbang:

I think your vocs are way better than the original, more raw & brutal! Somehow your vox gave me the urge to record something with my hm-2,
but unfortunately I'm not home this week, so I hope the inspiration stays till next week :headbang:

Thanks man! Yeah the original vocals are a bit thinner and not so sharp I believe :) Looking forward to hear what you come up with!

Sounds good!

And awesome choice of band to cover :headbang:

Thanks! Yeah Norther is cool, gonna be interesting to hear the new vocalist :O Heard Frozen Angel done with him, I didn't like it