Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec vs. Roadster comparison! (AKA I NEED ROADSTERZ)

Marcus, never fear, my partner and I were able to bring home a 3 ch. Dual and a Roadster and compare them with 4 different Tube Screamers and of course, through a Mesa Recto Cab.

I concur with everything you've said. =D

The Roadster sounds slightly darker and something about the low-end strikes me differently. Needless to say, I was stoked w/the Roadster and the Dual was just as good in it's character, but the subtle differences in the character of the Roadster made it for me. We're getting a Roadster. :)

Fuck yeah dude, glad to hear it - my purchase will be slightly pushed back as I bought a bass and just had to put new front brake calipers on my car :mad: But soon!

The presence isn't the issue dude, it's at a different frequency (~4k) than the frequency that bugs me (~6k). And actually, the modern mode doesn't have negative feedback, vintage does ;) And the Roadster and Recto are still voiced slightly differently, and I find the vintage mode to sound like there's a blanket over the speakers regardless of settings. But if you like your sound that's what counts - got clips? ;)

Ok.

Personally I prefer the Recto over the Roadster.
here's a Modern vs Vintage clip. I Think the mids change more then the precense:

http://home.online.no/~mastr3/rectovintagemodern.zip

Please give me your opinion, but remember..it's no right or wrong, only a matter of taste :)

It's an older thread i know... but... Marcus, are you sure you put only HP and LP filters on yor clips... did you use any loudnes maximizers or sometng like that?
tnx