Just picked up a Dual Rec, first reamping for some Death Metal/Metalcore

blueax

Jul 17, 2009
Michigan
www.myspace.com
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2208210/DTF-GiveItUp121611-2.mp3

Finally got a dual rec, been doing everything through a Mark IV which is great but wanted to really get something else for the more "modern" bands I record, which is most of them.

Schecter guitars I believe with EMGs into sparkle drive pedal, into, Dual Rec, to 4x12 mesa rec cab, mic'd up with a 421 and 57. Any questions about anything else, let me know. Check it out dudeguys!

dualrec.jpg

I know everyone knows what a dual rec looks like... but this one's MINE! :D (Sorry about the huge pic)

I actually really dig the guitar tone you got going on there!

About the rest of the mix: Kick is not my cup of tea, I think it could be a bit clickier and the vocals are too upfront for my taste. Otherwise good job!

Thanks dudes. The kick, I was going for something a little different I suppose, there's like 3 samples on there, sort of "fluffier" than usual but not too much (for my taste). And I'm more of a vocals-on-par-with-instruments type as well volume wise, but most of what I've heard they are pretty up front in this kind of stuff. Thanks again for the comments yo.

Edit: Also, the snare is slate (as are the toms/kick), can't remember which sample off hand but eq'd/compressed/etc to taste.

I really like it! The production is also done well. Most metal albums just don't deserve to be listened to because they can't produce them in an interesting way. Good taste in this clip!

Also the kick sounds like a real kick and very good. Most core kicks sound like a bullet hitting a tank. This kick sounds like a sound that actually comes out of a kick drum.

The snare could have a tad more high end to cut through better but that's just a taste issue. I like the vocals on top like that... in the end that's where the message is and it's usually pretty hard to understand when it's being screamed.