First time doing vocal tracks, severe problems!

neverpurify

May 24, 2004
When I play back my vocal tracks, they seem to be making my guitar tracks lower in volume.
Could this be that the vocal tracks have some frequencies that the other tracks (mainly guitar) have and they are cancelling them out? It's just weird and it's driving me nuts. This is the first time I have ever recorded vocal tracks. I can plainly tell a different when the vocals stop the other tracks get louder again. Can anyone offer any guidance on this issue?

neverpurify said:
Actually yes, the C4 and a limiter as well. I'll take those out and see what happens.

That's definitely what's causing it. I suggest using the C4 on your guitar tracks as an insert on a summed stereo bus (using Andy's C4 settings of course) and using the L2 on the master fader (be conservative with this!) Also, your vocal track should have a fair amount of compression/EQ going on. Use Renaissance Vox if you've got it. What mic and preamp did you use?

Kazrog said:
That's definitely what's causing it. I suggest using the C4 on your guitar tracks as an insert on a summed stereo bus (using Andy's C4 settings of course) and using the L2 on the master fader (be conservative with this!) Also, your vocal track should have a fair amount of compression/EQ going on. Use Renaissance Vox if you've got it. What mic and preamp did you use?

What are ANDYS C4 settings and where do you find em..... I saw that mentioned before and a statement that a list of Andys settings on various stuff was listed somewhere on "the main site" is there a list of settings somewhere or what?