First Time Hearing Deicide

Back in about 1991 when I bought Legion just as it came out on LP. I already liked Death and Morbid Angel but for some reason I found Legion shit. I don't know if it was all the OTT satanic stuff or what, but I thought it was shit. Took me until this year when I heard the title track of Scars that I realised Deicide were actually fucking great!

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Back in about 1991 when I bought Legion just as it came out on LP. I already liked Death and Morbid Angel but for some reason I found Legion shit. I don't know if it was all the OTT satanic stuff or what, but I thought it was shit. Took me until this year when I heard the title track of Scars that I realised Deicide were actually fucking great!
i feel sorry for you morbid and death suck ass compared to deicide :tickled: i was 14 it was outc and i have been hooked since i can relate more with deicide than any other band. KILL THOSE FUCKIN CHRISTIANS................

my first time hearing Deicide was their recent album "Scars of the Crucifix." The whole album pretty much blew except for the title track and "Fuck Your God"

I picked up O.U.T.C. 5 years ago, simply loved it, great production (Scott Burns of course) and music/vocals. I bought Insineratehymn and was really dissapointed with it so I decided to never buy any of their newer albums (unless they got a killer review of course). Bought Deicide and Legion 2 years ago when I finally found them in a store.
After O.U.T.C the whole "God sucks" thing got a bit old and nothing more of a gimmick. Still hoping for a good Deicide album though (It's not Scars as it reminds me alot of Insineratehymn and it would seem they're heading towards Black metal these days).

christkiller said:
TakinTheMusicBack said:
Er, yes. Quite. :zombie:
Or perhaps you shouldn't take it all so seriously? :err:[/QUOTE}

IF YOU DON'T AGREE FUCK OFF I HATE FUCKIN CHRISTIANS/ORGANIZED RELIGION
I don't agree with organized religion either, but I'd rather have a conversation with a christian than a fucking half-wit like you. Go and burn an inverted cross into your eyes little boy. :Spin:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I don't agree with organized religion either, but I'd rather have a conversation with a christian than a fucking half-wit like you. Go and burn an inverted cross into your eyes little boy. :Spin:

your SUCH A FOOL A FUCKIN SHEEP IN THE FLOCK THAT CAN BE LEAD. I THINK FOR MYSELF RELIGION IS A WAY OF KEEPING CONTROL OF PEOPLE. DEICIDE IS JUST MUSIC TO ME I DON'T GO OUT AND BURN MYSELF WITH INVERTED CROSSESS B/C BENTON TOLD ME TOO. :tickled: :tickled: YOU CAN NOT THINK FOR YOURSELF THATS WHY YOU SEEK CHRISTIAN CONVERSATIONS.

I was sitting at my computer, as i do everyday, and i had just started to get into death metal.. (about year and a bit ago) and was checking out some metal sites and i saw a pic of this band and they were looking pretty fuking evil. and in big letters it said 'DEICIDE' i though yeah why not go check them out. then downloaded 'Lunatic of Gods Creation' .. basically i was then hooked for life...

christkiller said:
your SUCH A FOOL A FUCKIN SHEEP IN THE FLOCK THAT CAN BE LEAD. I THINK FOR MYSELF RELIGION IS A WAY OF KEEPING CONTROL OF PEOPLE. DEICIDE IS JUST MUSIC TO ME I DON'T GO OUT AND BURN MYSELF WITH INVERTED CROSSESS B/C BENTON TOLD ME TOO. :tickled: :tickled: YOU CAN NOT THINK FOR YOURSELF THATS WHY YOU SEEK CHRISTIAN CONVERSATIONS.

Opinions are acceptable, but they are not facts. So do not state them like that, or use capitals like a 10 year old.

On to the topic, I started with Serpents when it was released. Thought it was alright, but it eventually sunk in and I was hooked. :D

the 1st time I heard Deicide was way back on the 1st album, at a friends house a couple of weeks after they'd played in Edinburgh, Scotland! the LAST time I listened to them was the 9th of June 2004 and it'll be the last time I EVER listen to them too, it was the day I found out they'd cancelled the entire European Tour!! they haven't played here since the 1st album gig way back....whatever year it was!! most of my friends have seriously considered smashing up all their Deicide CD/Vinyl, whatever the true cause of the cancellation they've lost alot of Scottish fans through it! I've never been let down by Slayer since I 1st saw them on the Reign in Blood tour, hell they even flew over here after the 9/11 disaster to play and lots of other bands were afraid of the risks! so hats off to SLAYER!!!( Yayyyy!!!!) and trousers down to Deicide!! (Boo!)

youve gone off a band cause they cancelled a tour, a very stupid in my opinion, also for the fact they have not played scotland, I also live in Scotland and travel down to London to see them play, If I went off a band for that reason there would be very few m,etal bands I would be able to listen 2,

how many quality metal bands come to scotland (and the UK for that matter)

regarding the gig slayer did after 9/11, I take it you mean the tattoo the planet tour, I was also meant to go to that but couldnt go on the resheduled date, have you gone off of Pantera as they never played claimed they wouldn;t be able to make the gig yet they were In ireland just before the date.

It was about ten years ago when i was listening to the weekly metal show on our national radio as "dead by dawn" blew out of the speakers! :hotjump:

About a year later "once upon..." came out and according to me that's their best album. :headbang:

It all went downhill from there...fast! :wave:

Except for "biblebasher" off course. :Spin:

I was living in Orlando and went browsing a CD store in search of something new. I happened upon a new band called Deicide and bought the self-tiled album as a new release. Loved it and wore it out and have been a fan since.

snowcrashuk said:
whatever the true cause of the cancellation they've lost alot of Scottish fans through it!

Well, it pisses me off that Jethro Tull won't play Scotland even though Ian Anderson is fucking Scottish, but I still love them. I don't care Deicide cancelled their tour - to stop listening to music you like for a reason like that is just cutting your nose off to spite your face.
BTW 3 Scottish boys in one forum here? Is that a record?!