First time reamping today (possible 56K warning)

lepersmeesa

Badman rudeboy
Apr 10, 2005
London
www.myspace.com
This was my first experiment into reamping. I used the RedEye Box, Mbox, MacBook Pro SM57 and a SE 2200.

It was working pretty well, but I was getting a hum through the Mbox which was being sent through the amp which is created by having the output to full. I was wondering if there was any way of getting rid of this. The reason I had the output at full was because otherwise the signal coming to the amp wasnt loud enough. Is there anyway getting around this?
I probably won't be able to reamp on this occasion as I cant reamp at home because it is made out of paper, so I have to pay to rent out a rehearsal room. Any advice would be great.
Here are some pics

P8290335.jpg

P8290333.jpg

P8290329.jpg

P8290336.jpg

(lazy arse drummers)

Ps. I had the fader of the DI signal at unity. Would it of been better to turn this up rather then the output?

I engaged the earth lift but i got this massive buzzing sound, worst then before. I thought I was using balanced cables. The cable from the output of my Mbox is going to the redeye. I haven't checked the pad, but next time I definitely will.

Just thinking about it when I did a quiet test run in my room there wasnt any hum, but maybe it was because the amp wasn't loud enough to notice....emmm. Got to think about that one.

The analog outs on the MBox are noisy, unfortunately, and there's nothing that can be done about it. If you have another device that can accept SPDIF, try going out SPDIF to that device, then out of that device analog to the RedEye.

If not, I recommend using a different/better audio interface. The Digi 002R doesn't have this problem, for example.

could be the power point... when i encounter noisy power and can't relocate i use an Ebtech Hum Eliminator.
HE2.JPG

move the Redeye box to another part of the room

does holding the Redeye cause the Hum to lessen go away?

are the components all plugged into the same house circuit? everything!

using any long extensions cords?

don't run audio and power cables parallel. if they must cross, run at 90 degrees and separate if possible.

is this 60Hz hum?

ApolloSpeed said:
i'm not a reamp pro yet.....but I think you need to make sure your using balanced cables.:kickass:

Yeah man my first attempt at re-amping was a nightmare! i had the same problem as you and it was becouse i was using a unbalanced addapter from my fire pod to my X-amp!