First Time You Ever Saw Jag Panzer

Deadnight Warrior87

The Tempest
Nov 12, 2005
Anaheim, CA (USA)
I'm clearly new to the Panzer board, but I'm a huge fan. Anyway I noticed there aren't many topics here so I decided to make a new one.

The first time I ever saw Panzer was back in 2003 on Helloween's Rabbit Don't Come Easy tour at the Galaxy Theatre. I admit I was there for Helloween, but I never anticipated how amazing Jag Panzer was live. It was a real treat to get to see a true metal band, and to this day that it still the best show I ever attended.

Can't wait to see them again.

My story is not so happy. I used to live in Northern Virginia, and there is a club there (Jaxx) that gets most of the good metal shows that tour the States. It was April 9, 2002, Jag Panzer, In Flames, and Iced Earth. I was not yet a JP fan, but I was pretty sure I'd enjoy their set (based on reviews, MP3s, etc.) Anyway, I've been to this club for national acts perhaps a dozen times, and I've never had to wait long in line, until that show (and never since). The line was forever. I got in the club just in time for the last 2 Panzer songs. I was bummed. I didn't really want to watch In Flames, so I headed to the bar - at least I got a seat there. Harry (I'm pretty sure it was Harry, anyway) came out and chatted up the guy sitting next to me. I think they talked about martial arts.

I first saw JP in September 2003.
I was overwhelmed when Mark told me they were gonna play in Milan, I immediately told my fellow JP freaks and we got there around 8am after travelling the whole night. But to our great surprise and disbelief, there wasn't a single poster anywhere in the whole city! We just looked at each other and we were like *gulp*... :tickled:

Even the venue was not opened yet so we had no one to ask...
Around 4pm the doors opened and there were a few people there who told us the gig's going to be held, but that there was a fuckup in promotion, hence no posters... So we wiped the cold sweat from our brows and waited patiently for JP set. The Italian bands that opened for them were amazing!
Battle Ram, Raising Fear and Battleroar (okay, these are Greeks :D) we saw for the very first time and were left with our jaws dropped! Wotan played as well, but we were busy talking to Deathmaster of DoomSword to watch them. :D What an intro to the mighty JP! Then of course we banged our heads off to JP... ;) They were great, we talked to all of them and took a few pics and all that. The long trip was really worthwhile... :worship:

First time was at an all-ages dance club in Philadelphia, on the tour with Iced Earth and The Quiet Room. We were one of, like, 12 openers, and we dedicated "Heaven and Hell" to Mark.

Harry kept us in hysterics in the dressing room, talking about his little "venture" out onto the PA speakers. "How's the king gonna get down?" :lol:

Force10 said:
My story is not so happy. I used to live in Northern Virginia, and there is a club there (Jaxx) that gets most of the good metal shows that tour the States. It was April 9, 2002, Jag Panzer, In Flames, and Iced Earth. I was not yet a JP fan, but I was pretty sure I'd enjoy their set (based on reviews, MP3s, etc.) Anyway, I've been to this club for national acts perhaps a dozen times, and I've never had to wait long in line, until that show (and never since). The line was forever. I got in the club just in time for the last 2 Panzer songs. I was bummed. I didn't really want to watch In Flames, so I headed to the bar - at least I got a seat there. Harry (I'm pretty sure it was Harry, anyway) came out and chatted up the guy sitting next to me. I think they talked about martial arts.

Yeah, a lot of people got messed up by that start time, and the line screw-up. You didn't watch In Flames? Man, they tore the place down that night...

Heh, I wonder if Chris remembers this, but when I saw them there was this guy who was drunk off his ass, and the whole show he was yelling "play tyrant!" After every fucking song. It was more funny than it was annoying, but one hell of a show either way.

My first JFP show was Powermad 2000. I'd had a couple of drinks and I NEVER would have done this sober, but at one point, I yelled, "HARRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" and he grabbed my hand. LOL. I was supposed to go see them in 1999 with the Quiet Room, but my grandfather passed away that weekend, so that was that. Since then I make it a point to see them whenever I can, and I even went to that God-awful Sun 'n Steel fest in Florida in 2004.

Ugh, now I'm having JFP withdrawals... :ill:

~Christina

Stardust2112 said:
My first JFP show was Powermad 2000. I'd had a couple of drinks and I NEVER would have done this sober, but at one point, I yelled, "HARRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" and he grabbed my hand. LOL. I was supposed to go see them in 1999 with the Quiet Room, but my grandfather passed away that weekend, so that was that. Since then I make it a point to see them whenever I can, and I even went to that God-awful Sun 'n Steel fest in Florida in 2004.

Ugh, now I'm having JFP withdrawals... :ill:

~Christina

Were you in the front row at BWBK 3? Because if so, I'm sorry for being a drunken ass and pretty much tripping and falling on you immediately following the end of their set. :lol: If it wasn't you, it was someone who looked similar. :p

I met Mark through the Iron Maiden message board and finally got to see him and the guys in April of 2002 just a few days before our 3rd child was born :cool:

We had a BBQ afterwards with some food and refreshments for the guys in a meetup/welcome to NJ type thing and I'm glad the guys came out and helped themselves :cool:

I'm glad I met Mark and the guys that day as they are a great bunch of guys and would have a nice little BBQ again for them anytime possible.

I saw then at the November to Dismember fest in Socal back in 2000. I really went to see Nevermore, but Billy Milano had to go and punch Warrel in the mouth, so they didn't play. Jag was cool though.

1100_jag_panzer_1harry_mark.jpg

1100_jag_panzer_chris_a.jpg

Deadnight Warrior87 said:
I'm clearly new to the Panzer board, but I'm a huge fan. Anyway I noticed there aren't many topics here so I decided to make a new one.

The first time I ever saw Panzer was back in 2003 on Helloween's Rabbit Don't Come Easy tour at the Galaxy Theatre. I admit I was there for Helloween, but I never anticipated how amazing Jag Panzer was live. It was a real treat to get to see a true metal band, and to this day that it still the best show I ever attended.

Can't wait to see them again.

yeah they blew away Helloween IMO, but I am more into JP than Helloween.

First time I saw them was when they opened for Iced Earth and In Flames and it was disappointing because it was a very short set, and I had problems seeing and hearing them clearly.

Anyone know why they haven't toured US in a long while?