First Time You Ever Saw Jag Panzer

lucretia96 said:
Anyone know why they haven't toured US in a long while?
Their probably trying to get some world recognition. I mean getting a few people in your own country is hard enough, especially when their are so few good Amercan Power Metal bands out there. I think it's cool that they want International exposure, it helps prove that Americans can still play good music.

Oh man......I first saw Jag Panzer in, I think it was '85 or '86 when they opened up for Grim Reaper!!!o_O Man, that was one hell of a show, and am VERY proud to say, I have seen them countless times since, and they STILL blow me away!!!!:headbang:

I'm still waiting to see them live. Everytime JP go on tour they seem to skip coming to the New England area. I was hoping to see them on the Iced Earth, In Flames tour when that came to The Palladium in Worcester for the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival in 2002, but Jag Panzer didn't play for some mysterious reason (they were originally advertised to play, but then disappeared from the roster of bands a few weeks before the fest)...

Simple Human said:
I'm still waiting to see them live. Everytime JP go on tour they seem to skip coming to the New England area. I was hoping to see them on the Iced Earth, In Flames tour when that came to The Palladium in Worcester for the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival in 2002, but Jag Panzer didn't play for some mysterious reason (they were originally advertised to play, but then disappeared from the roster of bands a few weeks before the fest)...

We were excited to play the New England Metal and Hardcore Fest, but they never actually contacted us.

We had heard we were advertised on the bill, so we figured we'd get a phone call and work out the details. Never happened.

Mark

Briody said:
We were excited to play the New England Metal and Hardcore Fest, but they never actually contacted us.

We had heard we were advertised on the bill, so we figured we'd get a phone call and work out the details. Never happened.

Mark

Thank you for clearing that up Mark. I've always wondered what happened that year. I always thought maybe you guys didn't want to play because every other band on the bill that year - with the exception of Iced Earth - was either death metal, hardcore, deathcore, grindcore, or whatevercore and figured you wouldn't be interested in playing to a crowd that wouldn't appreciate what you do. Ever since the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival started they usually only have two or three traditional metal bands booked during the entire weekend (and that's out of about 40 bands!). It seems the organizers prefer to emphasize the "Hardcore" rather than the "Metal"...

First time I saw Panzer live was on the Helloween Rabbit tour in Denver 2 (i think) yeas ago, and it sucked because Beyond the Embrace went over their set time limit and JP only got to play for 30 min. Other than that, it was awesome!!! The only better show I could imagine would be Gamma Ray headlining, and My band opening in place of Beyond the Embrace :D :D:D. Especially since Panzer and us would be playing our home state in that instance. OK i'm awake now, I'll quit daydreaming my rock and/or roll fantasies.

The first time I almost saw them was at the Rock Palast in Wurzburg in 98 (i think) and I barely missed their set. I got there just in time to see who I was going to see, Iced Earth. Which is really odd, because I'm from Colorado Springs and that's where Panzer started.

My story is a little different.

The first time I saw Jag Panzer (actually, it was Mark and John) was...1997 at Morrisound Studios. I got to stop by and get a little advance listen to Age of Mastery. Did the same thing during the mix of Thane and Mechanized, but didn't actually get to see them live until the Sun 'n' Steel Festival in 2004. A shorter set than I would have liked, but I was jazzed just to be able to finally see them live. That Sun 'n' Steel show was quite an...experience. Lots of killer metal: Rob Rock, JP, Raven, Agent Steel (to name a few), plus the surreal moment when you realize the guy standing next to you digging the metal is Ice T...

Scott B said:
My story is a little different.

The first time I saw Jag Panzer (actually, it was Mark and John) was...1997 at Morrisound Studios. I got to stop by and get a little advance listen to Age of Mastery. Did the same thing during the mix of Thane and Mechanized, but didn't actually get to see them live until the Sun 'n' Steel Festival in 2004. A shorter set than I would have liked, but I was jazzed just to be able to finally see them live. That Sun 'n' Steel show was quite an...experience. Lots of killer metal: Rob Rock, JP, Raven, Agent Steel (to name a few), plus the surreal moment when you realize the guy standing next to you digging the metal is Ice T...
Wow, that sounds like a hell of a concert. Woulda been crazy to see Ice T there. Was he singing along to Jag Panzer?

Of course that, being from Brazil, I never saw them live. Cannot blame them, though. Here we get always the same shows. Stratovarius, Helloween, Iron Maiden. Well, it's better than nothing.

i'm listening to JP for about a year now and the last time they were here in Germany i was on a business travel in the UK. Too sad... Stratovarius, Virgin Steele AND JagPanzer on one weekend! that would have been killer!

Still hope to see them next tour!

regards
Sebastian

Actually, Ice came out later in the evening. He was digging the whole scene quite a bit though. He was definitely digging the fans hanging with the bands without anyone bustin' caps, yo! :headbang:

the first time i seen Jag Panzer was at the vic theater in chicago supporting Helloween. Beyond the Embrace was the opening show and had to play an extended set because JP was late and the rythem guitarist wasnt there for some reason. i think they only got to play like 4 songs, but impressed me nontheless. all three bands kicked ass. Markus even held his bass down for me to play for a few seconds of "how many tears". all in all it was a great show, just wish Panzer could have played a full set.

i met Markus, Sasha and Andi before the show while we were in line waiting to get in and of course Markus and Sasha again after the show. im 6 foot tall and those guys towered over me! but they were way cool. Beyond the Embrace was cool to hang out with, (they are all short lol) they actually went out into the crownd to watch Panzer and Helloween so i ended up talking to them before the others went on stage and for quite a while after the whole show. they were nice and very down to earth like Markus and Sasha and Andi.

My first Jag Panzer show was at November to Dismember in San Bernardino, CA. I think MetalSteph said it was back in 2000. Kind of a scary place......Anyway, they were great, and I was hooked. Got to meet the guys too, which was awesome. I've seen them a few more times since and have loved every show. Would love to see another sometime soon!