First try with Slate´s 2.0 Black Kit

Here
Guitars: Gearbox (Line6)
Bass: Sansamp BDDI

First try messing with Metallica´s signature kit.

wow the gearbox sounds pretty nice. did you just run it normally? or did you use impulses?

all together, sounds great.

wow the gearbox sounds pretty nice. did you just run it normally? or did you use impulses?
all together, sounds great.

Thanks! I didn´t use any impulse. The guitars are doubletracked and harpanned.

The chain is: Ltd F50 with EMG 81 on the bridge -> Ibanez TS7 -> Gearbox Stereo Plugin -> Voxengo CurveEQ -> Waves SSL Channel.

TS7 settings: drive 20, tone 50, level 50.

Gearbox settings: Amp Treadplate dual, Cab 4x12 treadplate, Mic 67 condenser 30%, Drive 85, Bass 20, Middle 0, Treble 90, Presence 85, Volume 60, Noise Gate -50dB / 0%.

SSL settings: Filters 100Hz / 12Khz, EQ +4db at 8Khz, +4dB at 3.5Khz (1.5 ^), +2dB at 0.5Khz (2.5 ^).

I like Gearbox because it is a stereo plugin, then I can tweak my 2 guitars at the same time. Lazy me : )
This synth I´ve made on Propellerheads Reason using Malströn (synth device) and a bit of RV-7 (reverb device). I can send you the patch if you want.

that would be awesome.

you still have my email?

I like Gearbox because it is a stereo plugin, then I can tweak my 2 guitars at the same time. Lazy me : )

This sounds great!!! Love the drums and the guitars!!! I am up late and sick with a cold but..... I have gearbox also but I dont understand your above comment? What do you mean tweak both at the same time.... you mean you a like spliting the signal to 2 tracks??

Thanks

HMMM I have the gearbox VST also... I never use the stand alone but I am idiot that I have never thought about doing what you just did.... I am still a dumb old guitar player! LOL I have been doing it manually and it sucks... I am going to have to check that out in reaper!! Thanks

ANd your song is tight!!!

Bass: ESP Ltd F-104
Pickups: 2 EMG 35DC
Sansamp Bass Driver DI (BDDI): Blend 100, Treble 50, Bass 50, Drive 60, Presence 50.
Gearbox plugin: Gate -60dB, Amp 1974 Rock Classic, Cab 8x10 Classic, Mic 20 Dynamic 50%, Drive 30, Bass 50, Lo Mid 80, Hi Mid 80, Vol 70. EQ: 0 @ 50Hz, -6 @ 700hz, +6 @ 1Khz, -7 @ 9Khz.

BTW, I´m still unhappy with the bass sound. Actually, I´m only happy with the drums sound hahaha Black Album rocks.