First U.S. Big 4 show review

:lol: Yes, Metallica should be glad to be on their own festival! Metallica are the ones who made this happen and they call the shots. That's a fact.

(...can't believe I'm defending Metallica...I feel dirty.)

LOL!:D And you are right.

it is a shame that a once great band is now, just a shadow of their former selves. One thing for sure, when your mainmann goes clean, the artistry usually suffers. Not that I endorse drug use/intoxication/ altered states of reality.

But if it's working, why stop?

Whey so they can add them to the list just like Just like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Sum 41 and all the lame pop bands that have toured with in the past?

Maybe they would not want to be associated with a sell out, mtv pussy ass band like Metallica

Metallica should be glad they are even allowed to be on a Thrash Metal festival. They should have been banned many years ago for ever being able to do such events.

They obviously don't feel humbled being on Metallicas stage, they feel embarrassed!

They should get Fred Dust or the guys from Linkin Park, sum 41, or slipknot to go up there like they have in the past!

As usual, you conveniently forget The Beastie Boys.

Yeah cause when Slayer toured with Marilyn Manson that was the ultimate thrash bill. Douche.

And he threw Slipknot into his rants there too.

Haven't Slayer done several co-headlining shows with them as well??!!!

All thrash bands have done shows and/or toured with non-thrash bands but that doesnt necessarily mean they were promoted as "thrash bills".

The Big 4, on the other hand, was.

I don't want to be a smart-arse here, but when and were the Big 4 shows billed as a "thrash bill"? I know the thinking behind it - they were the big 4 thrash bands of the late 80s / early 90s...... but I can't say I can recall where any of the bands or adverts or promos saying that this is a "thrash bill".

I mean - there's only one of the bands that even considers themselves purely a thrash band - and rightly so too..... but I don't think any of them have mis-represented themselves here.....

To me, they're simply celebrating what they were all a big part of and started 30 years ago, and having a good time doing it. No harm there, is there?

I'm a huge Manson fan but fucking touché! At that point Manson was alread a parody of himself too.

Manson brought Slayer out. SLayer did not chose Manson to tour with. Even with that, Manson is a hell of a lot cooler than Sum 41, Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. At least he is a freak and his music is very dark.... that being said I am not a fan. I went to one of those shows and Slayer destroyed the crowd, those gothic kids were scared!

Metallica always picks who they tour with. They decided to bring out their favorite bands like Sum 41, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, etc because they were 'mainstream' rock bands at the time and Metallica wanted to be part of the mainstream. I get tired of people trying to defend Metallica. If people would just admit Metallica sold out but still put out great albums in the 80's I would be OK with it. But most people just don't get it or are to stupid to realize what Metallica did. This will always be a debate until the end of time. So many better true thrash bands to discuss. Metallica this, Metallica that. Fuck them

Manson brought Slayer out. SLayer did not chose Manson to tour with. Even with that, Manson is a hell of a lot cooler than Sum 41, Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. At least he is a freak and his music is very dark.... that being said I am not a fan. I went to one of those shows and Slayer destroyed the crowd, those gothic kids were scared!

Metallica always picks who they tour with. They decided to bring out their favorite bands like Sum 41, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, etc because they were 'mainstream' rock bands at the time and Metallica wanted to be part of the mainstream. I get tired of people trying to defend Metallica. If people would just admit Metallica sold out but still put out great albums in the 80's I would be OK with it. But most people just don't get it or are to stupid to realize what Metallica did. This will always be a debate until the end of time. So many better true thrash bands to discuss. Metallica this, Metallica that. Fuck them

I actually agree with you on that one, fuck Metallica. But I don't like their 80's albums either. Always been boring to me.

Fair enough, I went right off them for years too. But why be so bitter about it? My band is going to try rehearsing "Fuel" and "Wasting My Hate" tomorrow and you know what? I fucking can't wait to try them.

Fair enough, I went right off them for years too. But why be so bitter about it? My band is going to try rehearsing "Fuel" and "Wasting My Hate" tomorrow and you know what? I fucking can't wait to try them.

Awesome, who ever sings in your band can look in the mirror when he sings the opening line "Give me fuel, give me fireahhh, give me that much I desiraaaaahhhhh' and know he is looking at a copycat of a sell out pussy.

I don't want to be a smart-arse here, but when and were the Big 4 shows billed as a "thrash bill"? I know the thinking behind it - they were the big 4 thrash bands of the late 80s / early 90s...... but I can't say I can recall where any of the bands or adverts or promos saying that this is a "thrash bill".

I mean - there's only one of the bands that even considers themselves purely a thrash band - and rightly so too..... but I don't think any of them have mis-represented themselves here.....

To me, they're simply celebrating what they were all a big part of and started 30 years ago, and having a good time doing it. No harm there, is there?
Well said