FIRST VIDEO FROM A LOWER DEEP! Please check it out

ALowerDeep

Sep 22, 2006
www.alowerdeep.com
The first ever video by A Lower Deep is now online. Filmed for the title track from A Lower Deep's upcoming release "Black Marys". The video was shot and edit by Christopher Neal and Brett Black for Shoot 2 Thrill Productions. Please let us know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what crap. Nice production values cant be saved by a boring song and uninteresting band. Looks like your video producer got some new software....perhaps FinalCut Pro or something and wanted to play with all the "neat" features.

I really cant stand the vocals. It is almost like he is trying to sound all depressed and emotional. It sounds way too forced.

the music itself.....like I said...uninteresting. I am sure that in all the forums you cross posted this on people will suck up and say it is great but the truth is....you guys are a dime a dozen in the large scheme of generic bands that are out there filling the CD shelfs with junk that will end up in the used bins and eventually put into a landfill.

I miss the days when it took something to get a album and evena video out there.

For an example of some good videos...look up

Turisas - Rasputin
Finntroll - Trollhammaren
VoiVod - Tribal Convictions
Nuclear Assault - Brainwashed
Scatterbrain - Dont Call Me Dude
Korpkilanni - Hunting Song
Megadeth - Peace Sells

a video should be more than just a visual interpitation of the lyrics...you need to look at it as a visual package that is what the band is. This is what people are going to see you for. The average person will watch about 30 seconds of it until they are bored and turn away. If something catches their eyes or ears they will stay longer. there was nothing to keep me from watching....I have seen way to many videos like this in my life.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what crap. Nice production values cant be saved by a boring song and uninteresting band. Looks like your video producer got some new software....perhaps FinalCut Pro or something and wanted to play with all the "neat" features.

I really cant stand the vocals. It is almost like he is trying to sound all depressed and emotional. It sounds way too forced.

the music itself.....like I said...uninteresting. I am sure that in all the forums you cross posted this on people will suck up and say it is great but the truth is....you guys are a dime a dozen in the large scheme of generic bands that are out there filling the CD shelfs with junk that will end up in the used bins and eventually put into a landfill.

I miss the days when it took something to get a album and evena video out there.

For an example of some good videos...look up

Turisas - Rasputin
Finntroll - Trollhammaren
VoiVod - Tribal Convictions
Nuclear Assault - Brainwashed
Scatterbrain - Dont Call Me Dude
Korpkilanni - Hunting Song
Megadeth - Peace Sells

a video should be more than just a visual interpitation of the lyrics...you need to look at it as a visual package that is what the band is. This is what people are going to see you for. The average person will watch about 30 seconds of it until they are bored and turn away. If something catches their eyes or ears they will stay longer. there was nothing to keep me from watching....I have seen way to many videos like this in my life.

I'll agree.

Thanks for checking out the video everyone we appreciate it. Diaboilk I guess it greatly comes down to taste. I checked out the bands you listed and a couple were ok but didn't much care for most of it, seemed very pretentious and a bit cheesy to me, though all are talented, but everyone has their own tastes and see things differently. I do love Megadeth but I think Peace Sells is an incredibly cheesy and poor video, so again, we all see things differently. But we do appreciate you taking the time to watch and write such a lengthy critique of the video.

that is true, it is one way to respond to it. then again...that is what is going to happen when you cross post in all the forums, people will kiss up and say good things just because....not here!!!

that is true, it is one way to respond to it. then again...that is what is going to happen when you cross post in all the forums, people will kiss up and say good things just because....not here!!!

That's true man, and we certainly have been both praised and bashed in about equal measure. And just to make sure it was clear I wasn't bashing any of the bands you listed. I particularly like Turisas and Megadeth and I've played with Nuclear Assault, very cool guys. We just work our asses off to get more people knowing us and hopefully liking what we do and forums are one way to do that. We know alot of people that are even into our genre won't like us. I understand that because I personally don't like alot of bands music . But I wouldn't bash them because hopefully they are just doing that they love and trying to succeed same as us. I wasn't being sarcastic when I thanked you for taking the time to check us out, alot of people won't for a band they don't already know.

You are brutual but thoughtful and I can tell honest. The one failing in your reviews might be an inability to review stuff that maybe isn't your taste but you can tell if it's good anyway, not saying that's true but the vibe I got from your above post. Then again you may just think we suck regardless of genre, ha. I would be curious to hear your opinion on more of our upcoming release, feedback is always useful, though if you really dislike bands like Nevermore, Evergrey, Iced Earth, etc. you'll not like us more than likely. If you would like to check out more there are four songs from our upcoming CD at http://www.myspace.com/alowerdeep