First Vista Mix - World of Promises!

Man.. I need to revise my "strategies" now ;) Sounds pretty cool. I thought that a shift to 64bit would bring nothing but headaches (thats what I read everywhere). No problems whatsoever?? Almost sounds too good hehe

Man.. I need to revise my "strategies" now ;) Sounds pretty cool. I thought that a shift to 64bit would bring nothing but headaches (thats what I read everywhere). No problems whatsoever?? Almost sounds too good hehe

Remember though, Sonar 5.x onwards is native 64bit...

Dude, i got Vista up and running in 45mins from formatting HD - starting a recording

Well, in our studio we are using DP5, so I'd probably get that with the new laptop. I've been planning on getting a MacBook to run it on, since that is the platform we use live and in the studio, but if Vista is rad, I'd favor the monopoly on software that Windows has.

My first guess was digital performer but isn't that mac only?

I use windows simply cause i've used it most of my life! (since win95 and i'm 19:lol:) so a change of platform for me isn't really... high on my list of agendas.

I dunno if it's worth switching but windows is fucking awesome!

Don't take note of all this "OMG IF U GET WINDOWZ U GET VIRUS!" crap...

I keep my DAW away from the net/networks and use only legal software.

Iäve found Vista to be stable as hell, sexy as hell and has some brilliant enhancements!

I agree, Gavin...I had nothing but awesomeness all around using my Vista loaded laptop on a project this past week. 20-25 tracks per song, and around 40 plugs going - 2GB RAM and not a hitch in Vista (and Nuendo). Outside of recording, I like the GUI and some of the included Windows features. Sure, I don't need all the crap Winodws is loaded with...So, I turn them off.

System idle CPU usage is around 500MB. More than XP, but less than what I'd heard.

Just lovin' it.