Five (5) albums you have been spinning recently

Satan's Wrath - Galloping Blasphemy

Grave - Into The Grave

Incubus - Beyond The Unknown

Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise

Wehrmacht - Beirmacht

Today has been all about KANSAS. I started the day with "Masque" while walking to work and continued with "Somewhere to Elsewhere" when going home. At home I've listened through "Vinyl Confessions", "There's Know Place Like Home", "Power" and "Point of Know Return" so far. Now it's time for "Song for America" :cool:

Born of the Bomb isnt coming out on Stormspell, they self-released it.

You are mistaken dear Sir. A limited edition of BotB is coming out on Stormspell next month.

The band wanted to capitalize and have upper hand on pre-ordering, hence they did their own pressing and my pressing is coming out with a delay... Still worth for me coz I got tons of overseas customers willing to wait a bit and take advantage of the free shipping offer.

I have a new website in the works, just don't know when I'll find the time to work on it...

You are mistaken dear Sir. A limited edition of BotB is coming out on Stormspell next month.

The band wanted to capitalize and have upper hand on pre-ordering, hence they did their own pressing and my pressing is coming out with a delay... Still worth for me coz I got tons of overseas customers willing to wait a bit and take advantage of the free shipping offer.

I have a new website in the works, just don't know when I'll find the time to work on it...

I indeed was mistaken, i figured they went off on their own with this release because of them doing there own thing with BotB. But you know me, im a Stormspell completist so ill probably pick it up from you, maybe even a few copies ;)

Too many to mention, you should at least put up the next batch that are planning on being released. Youve been teasing me with Sacred Guardian for awhile since you posted that pic of the layout on the facebook page ;)

Airdash - Both Ends of the Path (excellent album!)
Deep Purple - Fireball
Blood Feast - Chopping Block Blues
Bathory - s/t
Bathory - The Return..

You deserve a lot of respect, particularly for Airdash. :worship:

VANLADE and SACRED GUARDIAN are almost done and I'm expecting to be picking them up from the pressing plant by the end of the week. The rest will follow in 2-3 weeks.

By the way... no plans for re-releasing also "Nothing To Fear" by Wrath? :cool:

1. WINTERSUN - Time I
2. AIR RAID - New album, advanced promo
3. ROCKA ROLLAS - Conquer EP
4. ELVENKING - Era
5. LICH KING - Born of the Bomb

I didn't know Rocka Rollas had something new? That must be awesome! Good choice on Wintersun! I just heard it for the first time last night :headbang:

By the way... no plans for re-releasing also "Nothing To Fear" by Wrath? :cool:

I'd have loved to re-release both at the same time, but the band said no. They are going to have FoA original line-up reunion to promote the release and are totally not interested in NtF at this time, for whatever internal reasons I'm not familiar with...

On that note I have no idea when the FoA re-release will transpire. The band seems solely concentrated on their upcoming album, and not much has happened with the re-issue. I got a message from Scott recently stating the FoA line up reunion has been postponed until spring, so we are looking at 2013 release date, or beyond...

I'd have loved to re-release both at the same time, but the band said no. They are going to have FoA original line-up reunion to promote the release and are totally not interested in NtF at this time, for whatever internal reasons I'm not familiar with...

On that note I have no idea when the FoA re-release will transpire. The band seems solely concentrated on their upcoming album, and not much has happened with the re-issue. I got a message from Scott recently stating the FoA line up reunion has been postponed until spring, so we are looking at 2013 release date, or beyond...

Mmmm, I see... strange strategy, however there's always enough patience when waiting for reissues... :D

I didn't know Rocka Rollas had something new? That must be awesome!

Conqueror is a pilot EP for the upcoming album "Metal Strikes Back". Neither has been released yet as we just found a vocalist and are in process of cutting the vocal tracks.

I'm cautiously hopeful to have Conqueror out for X-mas, it would be pressed on CD and sold for a very special promotional price of $5, and also on limited vinyl (300 copies or so). The material is killer and I'm going to promote the hell out of it. It is the finest classic power metal this side of Judas Priest's Painkiller.

Here's the artwork:

rocka-rollas-EP-mockup.jpg

And a preliminary audio preview (rough test mix):

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/stormspell/rocka-rollas-bloodbath/s-kUOon[/soundcloud]

Unless Azintex or the Greek bootleggers beat us up to it :)

No way... just because there are some copies around yet! :loco:
However, after buying 2 (maybe 3) bootlegs from Greece it has become enough easy to find bootleg releases... also because more or less they sell always the same records from Russia & Greece, it mustn't be more than 200 releases for the titles I've seen up to now.

Conqueror is a pilot EP for the upcoming album "Metal Strikes Back". Neither has been released yet as we just found a vocalist and are in process of cutting the vocal tracks.

I'm cautiously hopeful to have Conqueror out for X-mas, it would be pressed on CD and sold for a very special promotional price of $5, and also on limited vinyl (300 copies or so). The material is killer and I'm going to promote the hell out of it. It is the finest classic power metal this side of Judas Priest's Painkiller.

Here's the artwork:

And a preliminary audio preview (rough test mix):

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/stormspell/rocka-rollas-bloodbath/s-kUOon[/soundcloud]

This sounds great! This track sounds considerably more Running Wild-influenced than the first record (which already had quite a bit of that influence). The new vocalist is definitely less intense, but I think he suits the music better than the first singer would. I would definitely pick up a full length of this :kickass:

The guy who writes/plays most of this is the same guy that was working on the Stortebeker project a while back, right? Do you know if that is still happening? I can't find the samples on YouTube anymore and I haven't heard anything about it.

Haha, yes, the artwork is a Frazetta homage Alan Lathwell drew for Frazetta's 80s birthday. The drawing fits so perfectly to RR lyrics it was meaningless to commission a custom drawing and we just licensed it instead.

Josef (the original RR singer) was unavailable and after a long search we were happy to find Joe. His voice is more husky and aggressive, not far from Hansi Kursch, and overall I think it fits better to the new material, compared to the high-pitched delivery Josef had.

Yes, Cederick is the sole mastermind behind Rocka Rollas and Blazon Stone (formerly Stortebeker). He writes all the music and lyrics and plays all instruments, including drums. Before Joe entered that is, as Joe is having a significant input on the lyrics and vocal lines already. Cederick is a drummer actually, but also a very skilled guitar player and excellent songwriter, as you can hear.

BLAZON STONE (formerly Stortebeker) project is recorded and we only need to find a suitable singer to finish it off. The album is called "Return to Port Royal" :heh: and is a total Running Wild worship of course. Basically it is the album Running Wild never released after "Black Hand Inn."

We actually wanted Joe to sing on Blazon Stone, but he felt Rocka Rollas' material suits him better, so we are still looking for a singer for Blazon Stone. If you know anyone who can pull a decent Rock'n'Rolf impersonation, please let me know!