Five (5) albums you have been spinning recently

61hZu6%2BMBvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

220px-MahavishnuOrchestraInnerMountingFlamealbumcover.jpg

Mahavishnu ad John MacLaughlin are GODS!

HADES - Saviorself
CANNIBAL CORPSE - Torture
CYNIC - Focus
DEPRESSIVE AGE - First Despression
ANTAGONIST - Black Sands of Time

W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol
Onslaught - Power From Hell
ZFL - Mountains of Misery
Flotsam and Jetsam - Cuatro
Diablerie - Seraphyde

New Flotsam should be out sometime soon so I'll actually have something new to listen to :p

And for the heck of it, samples for those new to any of this stuff:

Last edited by a moderator:
HADES - Saviorself
CANNIBAL CORPSE - Torture
CYNIC - Focus
DEPRESSIVE AGE - First Despression
ANTAGONIST - Black Sands of Time

Excellent tastes. :worship:
These days I can't listen to much music...

Schizo - Main Frame Collapse (cult Italian Thrash/"Black" band)
Melencolia Estatica - Hel (Avantgarde Black)
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal (.....)

I've been doing alot of trading lately and having time keeping up with listening to everything. I got these over the last couple days (keeping it to 5):

Sorrow-Hatred and Disgust
Invocator-Weave the Apocalypse
Rage-Beyond the Wall
Metal Church-The Human Factor
Indesinence-Vessels of Light and Decay

In heavy rotation this week:

Eden's Curse: self-titled
Europe: Prisoners in Paradise - I still think this is their best album
Fallen Martyr: Shadows
Green Day: Dos - kind of a letdown, actually. I keep playing it in the hopes it will grow on me like Uno did.
Stormwitch: Walpurgis Night

Lately, i've been on a steady diet of Jap-thrash, ala Shellshock, Gargoyle, Volcano, early United, and early, early Outrage.

Un-Metal for me lately is the always awesome Porcupine Tree, Devin Townsend (so good it transcends the transcending of genres, 'The Dev' is a vocal GOD and a mad genius), and Matthew Good ("Avalanche"). Beautiful, beautiful arrangements. If some of you can appreciate all styles of music, and have a soft spot for well orchestrated, thought provoking, angst-ridden, acoustic based suicide songs, check it out. Also, "Hospital Music"...:err:

Avalanche rules. I couldn't get into Hospital Music much at all. The final Matthew Good Band album was epic, but naturally i love them all.

"Avalanche" is a masterpiece. and every single song off of "The Audio Of Being" is freakin brilliant. there was a time when I played only that one album every day for over a month straight. Got every release, including both versions of "Beautiful Midnight". I even have all of the singles, man. huge fan. I'm glad to see you've been infected by the MG virus, as well :worship:

"Avalanche" is a masterpiece. and every single song off of "The Audio Of Being" is freakin brilliant. there was a time when I played only that one album every day for over a month straight. Got every release, including both versions of "Beautiful Midnight". I even have all of the singles, man. huge fan. I'm glad to see you've been infected by the MG virus, as well :worship:

yeah, during my tenure as a buyer for an indie record store between the years of 1993-2009 i was exposed to pretty much all rock music. Matthew Good Band was a great surprise. Yes, the extra tracks on Beautiful Midnight are great like "I Miss New Wave".

Yes, "new Wave" is a classic. I never got in to much of the 'alternative' Rock bands, but MGB was definitely the exception. He's still doin' it, too man. Got a new album coming out in a few months. Though his last two records were...meh. he set such a high standard with "Audio" and "Avalanche". Someone should start a non Metal thread on this forum, maybe I will. My range in music runs from Thrash to classical. there's so much great un-Metal music, too.