Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

To be fair it probably should have its own thread, similar to how we started a new thread for Cyhra.

Well, that's basically what the original Cyhra thread was for a while :D arguments about Jesper, with Krofi-chan and Ciko getting particularly irritated.

Just wait until Cjko suggests that THE would be better with Anders on vocals.

He and Slave probably will say that, as from memory neither of them like Stanne as a vocalist. Slave definitely doesn't. It's kind of a shame Anders and Jesper aren't on better terms, as it would be cool for there to be guest appearances from Anders and Bjorn on this project. Could even get a rerecorded Shadow Duet, or Shadow Duet Part II.

Well. Jesper has tried but it seems that all of his efforts have been ignored.

Still, I prefer them to not mix the new project with IF. That would make little sense.

I agree, probably better to have a clean break, but as a big fan of Lunar Strain and Skydancer I can't help but think about the possibilities :)

Fuck clean breaks.

In Jesper's place, I would do at least one epic classic IF tune, just as a Fuck you all message. :)

Reactions: eochaid
Nothing to stop them from doing a Lunar Strain cover if they wanted to. Behind Space and CiS have already been done, but Starforsaken, In Flames or Upon an Oaken Throne... if only. Would actually be really funny if they covered "In Flames" in particular.

Reactions: eochaid
The snippet in that teaser sounds a lot like the lead in DT's "Transient".

That short video was kinda lame, too MCU-ish. But still excited for the music!

Yeah.. realised there was already discussion in the other thread after I posted.

I'm so excited about this.. there's so way they aren't going to aim for something similar to the original In Flames sound with this line-up. It really does seem to highlight that the rest of the band really weren't on the same page as Anders and Bjorn.

Sometimes is about tiredness. Many years doing the same and being away from the family. And then, things change and your friends start to leave so the band it's not the same place anymore.

Who do you guys think will produce this first song? You think they will do it themselves? Or get Nordstrom to do it? Or one of the other great metal producers?