Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Interesting. Machine head tour with amon amarth and halo effect next fall. A 2month tour as well, didnt expect that. Also snippet from the music video, and it sounds very DT. Wonder how Jesper will handle a tour like that, must be the first long one since 2008 for him

Very DT indeed. Nothing special, but let's wait to hear the whole song.

I think that you guys are paying more attention at Stanne's voice than at the music itself.

It sounds great to me - also if they're going on tour they must have a decent amount of material written?

Reactions: eochaid
Snippet sounds like something off of Moment with some IF harmonized guitar touches. Pretty interesting. I'm curious to know who's doing the songwriting.

Actually that Amon Amarth song sounds pretty cool; I've never really been interested in them but that was pretty catchy.

I wonder when the first single from THE is going to drop? It looks like they already have a song & music video recorded, so hopefully very soon.

I dont wanna say anything with the 5 seconds I hear but Im not amazed. If I open Spotify and random DT songs I probably will hear something like this. Nothing special so far but we will see..

Snippet sounds like something off of Moment with some IF harmonized guitar touches. Pretty interesting. I'm curious to know who's doing the songwriting.

Actually that Amon Amarth song sounds pretty cool; I've never really been interested in them but that was pretty catchy.
Shield Wall is the name of the song, off of their latest album

Reactions: ThePhobiac

Oh? Cool.

To be honest I'll find it a bit strange if as a whole they end up sounding like DT. Jesper and Niclas have never really written what I'd consider DT-style music. Granted I don't listen to much Engel, but I don't remember Jesper penning anything that I'd associate with DT.

I dont wanna say anything with the 5 seconds I hear but Im not amazed. If I open Spotify and random DT songs I probably will hear something like this. Nothing special so far but we will see..

Am I right in remembering you don't like Stanne's vocals, or is that just Slave?

Am I right in remembering you don't like Stanne's vocals, or is that just Slave?

Dont know about Slave but I dont like Stannes vocals. I mean he has unique vocals for sure but they’re attached with DT so much that every song he sang feels like DT. Not in this case though, musically this snippet felt like a DT song.

Sorry guys. Apart from Stanne's, I still don't see how that sound like DT at all.

Dont know about Slave but I dont like Stannes vocals. I mean he has unique vocals for sure but they’re attached with DT so much that every song he sang feels like DT. Not in this case though, musically this snippet felt like a DT song.

Yeah, I agree. Even without any vocals if somebody showed me those clips I'd assume it was DT. The small electronic touches and riffs just have that feeling, although for me it's kind of a mix between Moment and Character/Fiction era.

Sorry guys. Apart from Stanne's, I still don't see how that sound like DT at all.

Yeah, but I think practically everyone on here has said it has a DT vibe except you, so... it's probably you :D the wife given you a smack around the head recently?

An an aside it's going to be really fucking weird to see Jesper, Niclas, Peter and Daniel on stage with Mikael Stanne on a proper tour. Amazing, but weird.