Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Or maybe it's just that Stanne's voice cannot really be separated from Dark Tranquillity. He has his way of singing that's very characteristic.

You might wanna check The Science of Noise from DT. When I listened to this snippet 3-4 times in a row, it reminded mi that song.

Dude, they're using different scales.

I think Mikael has a good voice; it's more the...how to describe it...sing-songy lyrical patterns he uses that feel a bit rote to me. I noticed it on Atoma and he continued with it on Moment.

First 5 sec clip didn't have any vocals though, and DT was mentioned straight away. I mean, it's not like it's identical to previous DT stuff, but it sounds way more like DT than IF, Soilwork or any other MDM band I can think of.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/t...s-record-label-home-and-first-tour-announced/

THE HALO EFFECT said in a statement: "Having grown up alongside Nuclear Blast in the early days of extreme metal, it just makes perfect sense for THE HALO EFFECT to partner with this prestigous label. Our music holds true to our roots and what made us who we are today while trusting our shared experiences to move forward. Joining our old and new friends at Nuclear Blast Records is an honour and a privilege and we look forward to to releasing this labor of love for metal together!"

Jens Prüter, head of A&R at Nuclear Blast Europe, adds: "In 2009, I was going to Gothenburg to produce the 'Where Death Is Most Alive' documentary for a DARK TRANQUILLITY DVD. Getting deeper into the Gothenburg scene, going through hours of archive footage and listening to all the interviews, I though it was a jungle of incest. In the early '90s, a bunch of guys moved between IN FLAMES, DARK TRANQUILLITY, CEREMONIAL OATH, HAMMERFALL and many more. We shouldn't forget that most of the protagonists were still teenagers when they released their first 'Desecrator' or 'Septic Broiler' demo tapes. What looked like incest was just a group of friends who shared a deep passion for metal. You could call it an all-star band but it's basically just an all-family band. Listening to THE HALO EFFECT is like going to a New Year's dinner enjoying the best food and drinks of the year. And it's a pleasure to be invited and share the joy with the rest of the world. Cheers!"

The initial thought behind THE HALO EFFECT was to go back to the roots and explore the classic Gothenburg Sound. The band delivers the goods in a brutally efficient display of heart pounding beats, melodic mayhem and furious growling at its best and the result is an exceptional sound to fans of melodeath, where the echoes of the Gothenburg Sound are evident.

Major hype! "The initial thought behind THE HALO EFFECT was to go back to the roots and explore the classic Gothenburg Sound."

Yes please! We've only been begging for it since, like... 2007? I'd say DT's Fiction was one of the last albums to really project that sound. Soilwork & DT have made some great records since then but nothing that made me think of the old days. Just good new stuff - which for the record is exactly what they should be doing, but a project like this is very welcome.

thehaloeffectshadowminds.jpg

I also love the artwork. Seems like a shitload of effort has been put into this project,

I think Mikael has a good voice; it's more the...how to describe it...sing-songy lyrical patterns he uses that feel a bit rote to me. I noticed it on Atoma and he continued with it on Moment.

Stanne can sound a bit robotic at times. He switched to a safer style of growling after Damage Done and since then his vocals have had a lot less intensity. Can't blame him though - he was destroying his vocals doing it the old way, and probably wouldn't be doing vocals today at all if he hadn't changed his technique. I don't have a problem with his vocals but they haven't been the highlight of any DT songs, for me, since 2005.

First 5 sec clip didn't have any vocals though, and DT was mentioned straight away. I mean, it's not like it's identical to previous DT stuff, but it sounds way more like DT than IF, Soilwork or any other MDM band I can think of.
While my first thought was The Quite Place.

Say that his songwritting is boring.

Scales mean a lot when making music. According to you, this could remind to any melodeath swedish metal band if we add Stanne's voice.

I think Ciko is ready :cool: once The Halo Effect bring back the glory days he'll renounce Nu-In Flames and burn his Anders bedsheets. SC and Battles posters ripped off the walls and thrown in the trash. Maybe even replaced with a sneaky Cyhra poster or two.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Only if Anders goes back to Melodeath. He's the only one that can make the miracle to become true.

After The Halo Effect tear apart the status quo and remind everyone how superior 90s MDM is to everything else Anders will disappear for a couple of years, then reappear with his hair grown out, no more hipster glasses, dressed like he is in the Colony booklet. He fires the American bros, makes up with Jesper and Peter, and IF reforms under the classic lineup. Everyone is so psyched, then the hype gets even crazier when Anders announces a sequel album to an absolute IF classic. Finally, the announcement comes...

Soundtrack To Your Escape II

Reactions: ciko_gfb
I think Ciko is ready :cool: once The Halo Effect bring back the glory days he'll renounce Nu-In Flames and burn his Anders bedsheets. SC and Battles posters ripped off the walls and thrown in the trash. Maybe even replaced with a sneaky Cyhra poster or two.

Oh boy, this post reminds me the times when Cyhra released Karma I think. "JESPER DID IT AGAIN" "ITS THE BEST BAND EVER".. Now you guys wont even listen to that pop shit. :D

Though I hope this band makes something cool, I would love to listen some good old melodeath.

Btw with the other posts about Stanne's vocals, I thought how lucky that we have Anders on In Flames. Makes me appreciate the guy more and more.

Oh boy, this post reminds me the times when Cyhra released Karma I think. "JESPER DID IT AGAIN" "ITS THE BEST BAND EVER".. Now you guys wont even listen to that pop shit. :D

Though I hope this band makes something cool, I would love to listen some good old melodeath.

Btw with the other posts about Stanne's vocals, I thought how lucky that we have Anders on In Flames. Makes me appreciate the guy more and more.

Man, that first Cyhra thread was pretty brutal from memory :D in retrospect I don't know why I was getting so worked up over it.

I actually do still listen to Letters to Myself and genuinely think it was a solid album. No Halos in Hell was shit, admittedly, but what can you do. Lack of Jesper involvement and Jake's limitations as a songwriter killed that album.

As far as Anders is concerned... eh :D solid enough in the studio until 2014, ASOP aside. Pretty terrible the past 7 years or so though. Somewhat improved on ITM but not anything special. Mostly awful live until the past couple of years when his growls have improved a lot. Still can't sing live and never will be able to at this point.

I don't think there's much point comparing Anders and Stanne at this point though. They have suited their respective bands. Anders in modern DT wouldn't work and Stanne in modern IF wouldn't work.

We're so lucky... Imagine if he could sing or make his own melodies instead of relying in producers or protools. But, hey, at least he's providing some laughable lyrics.

And we're still listening to that pop shit. At least, the pop shit where Jesper had a main role.

As far as Anders is concerned... eh :D solid enough in the studio until 2014, ASOP aside. Pretty terrible the past 7 years or so though. Somewhat improved on ITM but not anything special. Mostly awful live until the past couple of years when his growls have improved a lot. Still can't sing live and never will be able to at this point.

Let's say that, up till Clayman, I don't listen to the album's because of Anders.

It's not as if he's been the shinning or influential part of the band. Ever.