Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Jake and Jesper do seem to have a genuine friendship, and even when Jesper wasn't able to really contribute to Cyhra Jake has always had nothing but good things to say about him. I really have no idea what the future holds for Cyhra. I hope they do release a third album, because they can definitely do far better than NHIH, but I'm not convinced that Jesper will have much to do with it if they do.

Reactions: eochaid
They definitely do, although it makes more sense in The Halo Effect's case due to the 'O' in the band name. I wonder if it was the same artist?
I noticed it too yesterday. Might have come from Jesper to be honest.
Remember you that “halo” was in the title of the second Cyrha album. No care if the name / logo is derivative, as long as the music is good.

Reactions: eochaid
No. :D

Since the video is going to be released tomorrow, I guess that the song will be available to download or buy in a week or so.

First thoughts is that this sounds a lot like DT. Not just Stanne's vocals, most of it reminds me of Character/Fiction DT. I mean, this could be on Character or Fiction and it wouldn't stand out at all. The only part that doesn't sound like DT is the very IF-like guitar melodies starting at 02:20.

Overall I like this track a lot. It's what I'd expect DT to have continued to sound like if they'd continued their mid-2000s sound and not gone industrial.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
First thoughts:

This is a DT song with the exceptions of some IF like melodies.

I have to listen to this through the day for a better comment. I liked the song it was good.

Reactions: DE4life
Listening on my Sony headphones now, god damn, this really is like an unreleased mid-2000s DT track :D absolutely love it.

I know Stanne's vocals are a point of contention around here, but I think he sounds great on this track. Guitarwork is like nothing I'd expect from Jesper or Niclas. I can't remember either of them writing anything that sounds remotely like this. Basically DT hero-worship. Drums & bass don't really stand out on this track, but both still solid enough. Electronics used sparsely and tastefully.

9/10 track for me. Really curious to see if this album is basically Character/Fiction reborn or if the other tracks will be more varied.

I know Stanne's vocals are a point of contention around here, but I think he sounds great on this track. Guitarwork is like nothing I'd expect from Jesper or Niclas. I can't remember either of them writing anything that sounds remotely like this.

I would totally agree with guitars doesnt sound like Jesper but it kinda resemble Niclas' other works. Some of the melodies are straight from Jesper it hits you in the face. :D

Though I don't like Stanne's vocals generally, it feels fine on this song. Chorus is specially really catchy for me.

I would totally agree with guitars doesnt sound like Jesper but it kinda resemble Niclas' other works. Some of the melodies are straight from Jesper it hits you in the face. :D

Though I don't like Stanne's vocals generally, it feels fine on this song. Chorus is specially really catchy for me.

Yeah there's definitely plenty of Jesper melody in here. I'll admit I haven't listened to very much Engel so that might be why I don't hear much Niclas in this! I find Stanne's vocals are best when supported by strong, melodic guitar work. It's why I find We Are the Void and Construct so difficult to listen to. The guitar work just isn't interesting enough, and the vocals don't make up for it.

Oh yeah, I just remembered my Spotify account is Australian :D Aussies get songs released early due to the timezone differences.

If you have a VPN and change it to an Australian location you can listen to it here.

From what I've heard, first half, I still don't see the DT vibes here. Also, not IF, but the intro that's a lot like IF. But, If I were to choose, I would say that the guitar melodies are closer to IF than DT. Just my opinion. Will have to wait till 24:00 to listen to the full song though.

As for Niclas, I totally recomend to listen to Gardenian. Sindustries is a solid good album.