Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Well, they have always said the band is a tribute to the old school Gothenburg sound, so it's all good :) I thought Shadowminds leaned more towards DT, but Feel What I Believe & Days of the Lost are leaning more towards older IF style.

What's nice is that none of the songs are incorporating elements of new IF or DT. Not that I dislike all of the new stuff those bands did, but their peaks - for me at least - were both pre-2010, and that definitely seems to be where the musical inspiration is coming from so far.

Reactions: eochaid
It's all over the usual leak sites, if you want it. I'm not sure it's been officially announced by the band so not sure when they are planning to properly release it.

Two thoughts.

Daniel must have enjoyed making this album a lot. He's a beast.

The intro reminds me of Trigger.

Yeah Daniel is awesome on the songs we've heard so far. I think his contributions to IF were kind of taken for granted over the years by a lot of people. It was only after he left that you realise what he added to the mix. Granted he was severely hamstrung on Siren Charms, but that may have been the push he needed to leave.

Reactions: A88 and eochaid
Daniel IS awesome, but they desperately need a decent solo guitar player. :)

Days of the Lost is a solid number, but solos are just meh.

Does Niclas do many solos in his projects? I've never listened to Engel or anything else he's done, really, so idk. We know Jesper isn't comfortable with solos. Could just be that neither of them are particularly good at it.

If so, just don't. A solo isn't a requirement for a great song. Not like golden era IF had many of them, and the songs that did were usually guest solos by other guitar players.

Reactions: shad0w__
Does Niclas do many solos in his projects? I've never listened to Engel or anything else he's done, really, so idk. We know Jesper isn't comfortable with solos. Could just be that neither of them are particularly good at it.

If so, just don't. A solo isn't a requirement for a great song. Not like golden era IF had many of them, and the songs that did were usually guest solos by other guitar players.
Engel is like totally solo-less. So yeah, they need someone like Amott. They should steal him from DT. Or Reinholdz. Both are shredders.

Engel is like totally solo-less. So yeah, they need someone like Amott. They should steal him from DT.

If neither guitarist is comfortable with solos then just have guest solos in one or two songs like in the old IF days. I don't know where this idea that every song needs a solo comes from. In Flames after Jesper left have become really bad for that, with Bjorn seeming to feel like he has to shoehorn a generic, pointless solo into every song at around the three-quarter mark. THE really don't need to follow the same blueprint. Maybe Niclas was hanging around Bjorn for too long and picked up some bad habits.

I understand that 3 guitar players isn't ideal from logistical or financial side of things... But I would love to see a MDM band go all Maiden and stuff.

Younger Amott brother would be perfect.

On that subject...it is so funny to see Broderick play second fiddle in IF. Same with Loomis in modern Arch Enemy. What a waste.

I understand that 3 guitar players isn't ideal from logistical or financial side of things... But I would love to see a MDM band go all Maiden and stuff.

Younger Amott brother would be perfect.

On that subject...it is so funny to see Broderick play second fiddle in IF. Same with Loomis in modern Arch Enemy. What a waste.
Even Amott and Reinholdz in DT. Yeah, they are all being held back, no idea why.

THE could turn it all around and let the guitarists have free reign. Forget about “a good song”. Make it sound cool as hell, every minute of it.

People will say it's due to addiction, but that's the expression of a man who had to endure 10+ years of Anders trying to sing practically every night.

Reactions: mindd and eochaid
THE doing a 'rooftop concert' at the end of May, will feature some unreleased tracks.