Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

I'm still amazed at how good the Hi-Res version sounds. Well. I'm still amazed at how good it is the album. I just want high quality music. I don't care about it being groundbreaking or whatever. In the end, we all have a picture in mind of what we would like to hear, so it's almost impossible for them to not disappoint us in one way or another. So, I'm trying to not have any expectations about the sound.

Reactions: Xpyro125
I really wish Mikael's cleans had been produced a little better on DotL. One of my only real complaints about the album.

I really love how his cleans sound on this track, and on moment in general they're very well mixed. DotL cleans seem to be too dry and a bit too loud. I don't think the quality of the singing is any worse between Moment and DotL, it's just the differences on how those vocals are produced on each album.

I've already watched this, but I have no idea how or where. I wonder if somebody else uploaded it to YouTube at some point?

The ATG and DT documentaries are really good as well. Highly recommend both!

Yes. They making a new album. But the new single is Path of Fierce Resistance. So I don't expect the new album to be released before the next year.

Edit. I've just seen Mikael saying that it's the first music video for the next album. So, if they use POFR it's a total letdown.

I'd be really surprised if it was POFR. I don't think a band has ever teased a new song and then had it be an obscure bonus track from the Japanese release of their last album. If it is then that would be a really strange move.

I don't get it, why are blabbermouth and all the others acting like it's a new song and not mentioning that it's already out there as a bonus track? Wtf

I don't think that Blabbermouth goes in depth into the band's. More like they do general searches and then copy paste.

Yeah, but pretty much everywhere seems to be treating this like a new song. Weird. It's been out for months.

Yes. And it's been confirmed that it's the next single.

I seriously think that this is a terrible mistake.

It's just weird. Why release a single and act like it's a new song, when it's not? POFR is a good track, and I know a lot of people won't have heard it before, but it still seems a bit disingenuous. Especially when we know there are at least two genuinely new songs that they've been playing live.

Reactions: eochaid
Right now, what comes to mind is that, maybe, they're using the discarded songs as a base for the new album. There are... Seven? Maybe. And I might be wrong.

I really hope not. If they want to release a bunch of leftovers from the DotL sessions then do an EP with those songs on or something. Don't pretend it's new material. They've been posting a lot about creating new music so I really hope that isn't the case.

Well, I assume the new songs they've been playing recently will end up on the album, but what we don't know is if those are the leftover songs from DotL or brand new songs. If they're leftovers, I think it would be a good idea to put out an EP with one song from the new album and then 3 leftover tracks or something. That way, we get a taste of the new album and still get some of the older stuff. I'm not terribly interested in a second album full of recycled material. That stuff was probably left off DotL for a reason.

Yeah, putting out a new album with material that wasn't good enough for the first album would be a let down. Still, I have faith in THE guys, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and see how things go.