Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

The song is been for download for some time now. I like it more than some of the songs that made it to the album. And it's, again, the kind of music that I was expecting and wanted to hear.

Still, I have to listen to this one to check if it's the same version as in the album.

So far, I don't hear any significant differences. Maybe production? But, since it's spotify, I will be able to tell once that I have the official song downloaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonshield_
From Nuclear Blast / Halo effect

Purveyors of the legendary Gothenburg sound The Halo Effect have released a new single today!
💥
'Path Of Fierce Resistance' was previously released as a Japanese exclusive on the band’s debut album Days Of The Lost, which was released in August 2022. Watch the visualiser here: https://youtu.be/cTrwTfx5t-g
This ferocious track is finally being released to the rest of the world, before the band embarks on their first US headline run, and then heads into the studio to record new material. Listen here: https://thehaloeffect.bfan.link/pofrsg.fpo
Catch the band live: https://www.thehaloeffect.band

Cool. So, the information that they have been providing these past weeks was incomplete and confusing.

Still don't really understand why they're making a big deal out of this. It'd be like In Flames heavily promoting new single World of Promises between Clayman and Reroute. Great song but what's the point exactly?

I guess so. It's pretty rare for a band to release a single after an album has come out though, bonus track or otherwise. A lot of people won't have heard it, so I suppose it's a good way to make a little extra money off a track that would otherwise have remained fairly obscure.

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah it's a nice track, would have had it on the original album over Most Alone, probably.

You go to hell. It should've replaced In Broken Trust. :D
I actually like that one a bit more since I turned the vocal volume down, although I think the vocals could still do with a bit of reverb. They're very dry which, imo at least, doesn't sound great even though there's nothing wrong with Stanne's singing.

I’ve just listened to the song, I like it a lot.
It sounds like it might be more Jesper than Niclas regarding the songwriting because there’s less Passenger and more In Flames into it :kickass:

Reactions: DE4life
Holy shit, this is finally the Gothenburg MDM I was waiting for from these guys. The opening riff, the main melancholic melody during the chorus, the twin guitars, and last but not least: the fast paced riffs with tchouka tchouka drums (which I personnaly am addicted to) you can hear at 0.40s.

Plus the electronic touch I liked so much about mid era IF records.

My hopes are raised so high for the next album now :lol:

Last edited:
It is good, but as it was part of the DotL sessions I'm not sure if it's an indication of where the next album is going. Not that I expect it to be significantly different anyway, I think they'll generally stick to the mid-00s Swedish MDM genre.

Reactions: Moonshield_
This latest song was OK to me. Nothing new really. It should have been on DotL. Same production, same musical ideas. To be honest, a little boring. I hope the new album is fresh and not the same as this. I also would like to see updated production with more “oompf”, more similar to Foregone or Colony/Clayman.

This latest song was OK to me. Nothing new really. It should have been on DotL. Same production, same musical ideas. To be honest, a little boring. I hope the new album is fresh and not the same as this. I also would like to see updated production with more “oompf”, more similar to Foregone or Colony/Clayman.
I mean, it basically was on DotL as it's a bonus on the Japanese release. It's "new" in the same way Us Against the World would be "new" if In Flames randomly decided to release it as a single and act like it hadn't already been released.

I mean, it basically was on DotL as it's a bonus on the Japanese release. It's "new" in the same way Us Against the World would be "new" if In Flames randomly decided to release it as a single and act like it hadn't already been released.
Thanks, didn’t realize it’s just a bonus track. That makes sense. I thought it was a teaser since they’ve been talking about new material for a while now.