Fixed my old NES

Zack Uidl

Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
www.zackuidl.com
So, I have had this NES forever and it has not worked in ages. I disassembled it, cleaned it all the parts, and rewired/soldered a connection. And, thanks for an hour and a few Guinness, it is now working as good as new!

Honestly, I am not much of a video game guy. I have not played anything modern at all. (Besdies getting my ass kicked in Halo once) so this is sweet. Once video games started going in other directions other than to the right, I stopped haha :D

I am just stoked that it is working again. My wife and I are on a Super Mario Bros. marathon :) :)

haha Cool! I still have this old brazilian NES clones, a 'Dynavision'. It used the japanese cartridges, but with a little adapter, we could also use the US games. I still have good memories of playing Castlevania and a game that was called Salamander on the japanese version...Life Force on the US IIRC. It ruled :D

So many good games on this console, so many atrocious ones too.
The Megaman series , Double Dragon 3 , River City Ramson, Felix the Cat and Kirbi`s adventure are my favorites .

Yeah, Double Dragon fucking ruled. I was like 7yo when i got it, and i even made my father, around 55yo, play it hehe

YES mate!
me and my lady have had epic mario evenings.
Got a Nes, SNes, and Megadrive here (thats a Genesis to you yanks)
Just been sessioning super Mario World. Possibly my favourite mario
done 68 levels so far. not bad for playing it for two days!
lol

I read this thread before heading to my mom's to help her with her new laptop. She then gave her old desktop that i used to hog for writing with fruity loops/nuendo for guitar, and its filled with old material I through I had lost!....which will later be a whole post in itself.

Point is while looking in my old room i found my old video game box containing:
2 atari 2600 4 switch models
1 atari 2600 black w silver stripe
2 sega genesis
1 sega genesis/cd
and a decent pile of games.

My weekend is spent.

If you havent checked out Adventure of Link yet, do it. Do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, Zelda II was a serious cause of frustration for me. There is a point when you need something to remove a rock that's lying in your way and I never ever found out what to do. :(

I don't know if it was because of that but I loved the first game much more.

And Kirby is by far the coolest video game character EVAR!

I'm pretty sure that video is done using a technique that's like quick saving and quick loading from the emulator a million times until done right, or something like that. I've seen articles on that, some dudes who finished Mario 64 in 14 minutes an shit.

I remember reading the same thing. Still really fun to watch, though.