Flight 666 audio CD. I have it!

desert_demon

Wise in the ways of metal
Nov 10, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
Seems that Iron Maiden's Flight 666 was released earlier here in Mexico where I'm from. I ordered it online on the weekend and it came today (june 3). Some may say "What?? ANOTHER Maiden live album??", but you can never have enough live Maiden as far as I'm concerned.
The setlist is very similar to Live After Death but with slight variations that make this CD worth getting in my opinion. Also Bruce's vocals are better here that on Live After Death where he sometimes sounds a bit sloppy.
Also ordered the Flight 666 DVD but it hasn't come yet.

Also Bruce's vocals are better here that on Live After Death where he sometimes sounds a bit sloppy.
Also ordered the Flight 666 DVD but it hasn't come yet.

Totally agree with you, that's the reason I don't have LAD, but I already preordered both the CD and DVD from Amazon. It's cheaper for me to buy them and ship them to Miami and then a courier to Costa Rica, than to buy them here locally even if both are also available in stores since last week.

Great you have it already :headbang:

I saw the release date is 6.9.09

here's the tracklisting that you guys were referring to:

Disc: 1
1. Churchill Speech-Bandra Kurla Complex/Mumbai, India February 1, 2008
2. Aces High-Bandra Kurla Complex/Mumbai, India February 1, 2008
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight-Rod Laver Arena/Melbourne,Australia February 7, 2008
4. Revelations-Acer Arena/Sydney, Australia February 9, 2008
5. The Trooper-Makuhari Messe/Tokyo, Japan February 16, 2008
6. Wasted Years-Arena Monterrey/Monterrey, Mexico February 22, 2008
7. The Number Of The Beast-The Forum/Los Angeles, USA February 19, 2008
8. Can I Play With Madness-Foro Sol/Mexico City, Mexico February 24, 2008
9. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner-Izod Center/New Jersey, USA March 14, 2008
Disc: 2
1. Powerslave-Saprissa Stadium/San Jose, Costa Rica February 26, 2008
2. Heaven Can Wait-Palmeiras Stadium/Sao Paulo, Brazil March 2, 2008
3. Run To The Hills-Simon Bolivar Park/Bogota, Colombia February 28, 2008
4. Fear Of The Dark- Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium/Buenos Aires, Argentina March 7, 2008
5. Iron Maiden-Pista Atletica/Santiago, Chile March 9, 2008
6. Moonchild-Coliseo de Puerto Rico/San Juan, Puerto Rico March 12, 2008
7. The Clairvoyant-Pedreira Paulo Leminski/Curitiba, Brazil March 4, 2008
8. Hallowed Be Thy Name-Air Canada Centre/Toronto, Canada March 16, 2008

Seems that Iron Maiden's Flight 666 was released earlier here in Mexico where I'm from. I ordered it online on the weekend and it came today (june 3).

Just read this on Amazon.com:

stars-5-0._V47081849_.gif
In Mexico it's already released!!!, May 31, 2009
By [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AYX6JRUCMNCUW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp"]Light of Earendil "(Ancient Mariner)"
carrot._V47081519_.gif
[/ame] (Middle Earth) - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/AYX6JRUCMNCUW/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort%5Fby=MostRecentReview"]See all my reviews[/ame]
It was a great and pleasant surprise to see yesterday that in a music store here in Mexico it was already released. I didn't think it twice, I picked it up and let me tell you, it's worth every penny (or peso haha!). Im not telling anything or I'll spoil it for all of you american people... I just tell you that it's awesome.

I must add to my original post that I ordered it online from a Mexican internet seller, not Amazon. Anyway I've been listening to it since I got it and it just rocks! I went to the Somewhere Back in Time tour and the setlist is what's on the disc so far as I can recall.

Like I said both are already available here (imported from USA) since a week ago at least, sometimes things appear here before the official release there. That's how I got the H&H album a week before Amazon had it available. But this time the price was too high here compared to what it'll cost me buying it on Amazon (already preordered) so... :D

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! I was checking another site and they listed the DVD set as a 2 disc one where half the songs are in one disc and the other in the second. I had the idea the set was one DVD for the entire concert (edited) and one DVD for interviews and extra material. But it seems the double DVD is exactly like the movie shown in theatres some months ago, if so I'm not interested in it (already seen it). Can somebody confirm how exactly is the DVD set?, I don't like cut songs like in the movie, I like to hear the entire song undisturbed.

^That would kinda suck. I looked for the dvd yesterday and had no luck so i guess i'll order it.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! I was checking another site and they listed the DVD set as a 2 disc one where half the songs are in one disc and the other in the second. I had the idea the set was one DVD for the entire concert (edited) and one DVD for interviews and extra material. But it seems the double DVD is exactly like the movie shown in theatres some months ago, if so I'm not interested in it (already seen it). Can somebody confirm how exactly is the DVD set?, I don't like cut songs like in the movie, I like to hear the entire song undisturbed.

The DVD set also out here and I have it. There are two DVD's.

DVD 1 is the documentary disc

It contains the movie as shot by Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen as you have seen it in the theater.

DVD 2 is the concert disc

You'll be seeing the complete songs shot in different places in the world.

It is the double CD version that has the live songs divided over two disc's. Not The Live DVD Concert disc.

I hope this makes it clear to you. :)

My drummer just told me there was going to be something on Flight 666 on TV and I could swear he said this week. Anyone know anything about it ?

The DVD set also out here and I have it. There are two DVD's.

DVD 1 is the documentary disc

It contains the movie as shot by Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen as you have seen it in the theater.

DVD 2 is the concert disc

You'll be seeing the complete songs shot in different places in the world.

It is the double CD version that has the live songs divided over two disc's. Not The Live DVD Concert disc.

I hope this makes it clear to you. :)

Thanks Henri :worship:, I guess the idiot who reviewed the DVD at M-R mixed up the things with the audio soundtrack (which I knew indeed is a double one). So the preorder stays!

And you'll be seeing Pabla and I on the rail!!!:kickass:

For those that want to check it out; Pabla and Kitty can be seen between 25:05 min/sec and 25:10 min/sec.

Just after the Intro of "Wasted Years" shot in Monterrey
Mexico. When Bruce sings: "I am just a Stranger To Myself"

Check it out. They can be seen a lot longer than I expected.
And you'll see Pabla scream!! Way to go Pabla!! :)

Thanks Henri :worship:, I guess the idiot who reviewed the DVD at M-R mixed up the things with the audio soundtrack (which I knew indeed is a double one). So the preorder stays!

No problem buddy. :)

For those that want to check it out; Pabla and Kitty can be seen between 25:05 min/sec and 25:10 min/sec.

Mexico. When Bruce sings: "I am just a Stranger To Myself"

I'll make sure to check for them. Cool!
\,,/

I'm gonna watch Flight 666 in a minute. Picked it up for a steal, around $18 I think.

I watched some of the live footage the other night (the first 8 songs) and it was great. Bruce's voice just sounds so great, its unfreakingbelievable. As much as I love LAD his voice was my gripe with that recording but that tour would kill anyones voice. He is more measured now in his delivery and doesnt exceed his own boundaries.

Mexico.
When Bruce sings: "I am just a Stranger To Myself"

Except it's not Monterrey, it's actually the L.A. Forum. We didn't go to the Mexico shows.:p

They are showing about half the concert on VH1 Classic and some channel called "Palladia" (?) tonight. Pretty cool stuff. The South (and Central Wyv, haha) American crowds are insane!!