Flight 666 audio CD. I have it!

I'm more interested in the DVDs than the CDs. I'll be ordering mine soon. That is if I can't find them at a nearby store. Almost sure Target will have them. I'll be sure to look for Kitty and Pabla. :)

I know, they edited the LA shot of Pabla and you into the footage shown during 'Wasted Years' shot in Monterrey.

Yeah the edition thing got me a bit when I saw the movie. I'm not sure when they show the Costa Rican audience that they were really us.

Also another thing that didn't click to me it's when they interview the Colombian guy who complaints about security and persecution and confiscation of cameras and phones, but then they play the song in Colombia and you can see among the audience cameras and so in one of the shots.

Also I saw lighters in the Argentinian show and I know those were forbidden here, it puzzles me if each venue had its own rules or was tour manager rules.

Yeah the edition thing got me a bit when I saw the movie. I'm not sure when they show the Costa Rican audience that they were really us.

Also another thing that didn't click to me it's when they interview the Colombian guy who complaints about security and persecution and confiscation of cameras and phones, but then they play the song in Colombia and you can see among the audience cameras and so in one of the shots.

Also I saw lighters in the Argentinian show and I know those were forbidden here, it puzzles me if each venue had its own rules or was tour manager rules.

I think it is neither. I could well be the creative editing of the film makers. Btw. Now I am really puzzled as to where the 'Wasted Years' footage is shot. Where Pabla and Kitty edited into the footage from Mexico or was the whole song filmed in LA? o_O

Just got my copies earlier this week. I haven't watched the DVD yet but I'm very pleased with the CD set... and I agree with the original poster that you can never have enough live Maiden. One thing I've noticed about the CDs and DVD though: these seem to be the only releases from Maiden that don't prominently feature some incarnation of Eddie. Am I the only one to notice this?

[quote='[Insert Name Here] these seem to be the only releases from Maiden that don't prominently feature some incarnation of Eddie. Am I the only one to notice this?[/quote]

Well "Live At Donnington" didn't have Eddie in the artwork either. Besides after Derek Riggs ceased to draw the artwork of the albums I lost interest in Eddie.

Well "Live At Donnington" didn't have Eddie in the artwork either. Besides after Derek Riggs ceased to draw the artwork of the albums I lost interest in Eddie.

Oh... guess I missed that one... sorry, my mistake then...

I like the artwork for the DVD and the CD... I think that music speaks for it's self and they don't need Eddie on there because Eddie isn't the band, Eddie is just a fragment of what Maiden are about...what the fuck. You guys know this....

It's not that I really care that Eddie's not there (I like the artwork for the album as well... I think it's a nice change to have a pic of the band on the cover) or that they need him or anything (I agree that the music does speak for itself and that's the reason I like Maiden, for the music they make). I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it...

got the dvd and love that so I'll probably eventually buy the cd.

It's amazing to me how great Bruce sounds! in a way he sounds better now than he did in the 80s. Simply amazing considering how challenging the vocals are in Maiden.

I agree. In fact in the 80s I did not like his vocals at all. He is so much better now.

I think > 95% of people think that today. I was blown away by his performance live here. That's why I went instantly for both the DVD and the CD. I still don't like LAD, but this album will compensate for that one big time!

I think on the LAD tour they were on the road forever and I've read Bruce say he was just worn out. Understandable considering how much Bruce puts into a show. Now they probably don't tour as heavy as they used to so Bruce has a chance to rest his voice more. Plus he is someone who looks like he has really taken care of himself and stayed in great shape. Bruce never struck me as a guy who over did the partying with drugs and stuff.

Bruce sounds more strained nowadays but he is more consistent at hitting the notes... for me he'll never sound better than when he first joined the band... those of you who have the Beast Over Hammersmith set from the Eddie's Archive will know what I mean. He's just the embodiment of perfection at that gig. There are a couple of bootlegs from the World Piece tour where he sounds that good too... Hammermith and Ipswich to name but two... after that he never quite sounded as good again. He had severe problems on the Slavery tour which got worse through the Somewhere in Time and 7th son tours... he got good again on the No Prayer tour (funny really because his vocals on the album aren't great). I think he's more professional now and knows how to look after his voice better... he does a better job nowadays than Geoff Tate who really sounds like he's squeezing the whole time, and Halford's high range has completely had it...

I should say as well that the Flight 666 live album gives me shivers like no Maiden live album has since Live after Death, something which I never thought I'd say again! I love it when music makes your hair stand on end and your skin feel like it's moving around... Maiden have done that for me far more consistently than any other band ever have, and that's why they'll always be number one for me...

My copy arrived today (along with the DVDs), playing it right now.
eddiebanger.gif