Flo Mounier...

Flo is sloppy and his kit sounds weird, but that adds to part of the reason why None So Vile etc. are even any good at all...the charm if you will.

And Then You'll Beg... is a bad example. :p

Flo is sloppy and his kit sounds weird, but that adds to part of the reason why None So Vile etc. are even any good at all...the charm if you will.

None So Vile is an excellent album.Flo Mournier is the evil master of hyper-blastbeats. The music is broken up by high-speed tempo shifts, bone-shearing grooves, and twisted rhythms. Lord Worm's vocals are classic -- completely incomprehensible growling, and yet the music could not have been served any other way. Cryptopsy is truly brutal death metal, and yet musically sophisticated. Best of all, it has a strange trance-like quality to it, much like the most intense free-jazz, which is also a 'noisy' and intense form of music.Cryptopsy get by on more than just volume, because you'd also be hard pressed to find an album that is more tight, inspired, and technical. The riffs are skull crushing, the guitar solos are scorching (and more technical than most death metal bands'). Sorry this is my first rant, haha No disrespect. I just really feel None So Vile is a great record -- obviously heh

None So Vile is an excellent album.Flo Mournier is the evil master of hyper-blastbeats. The music is broken up by high-speed tempo shifts, bone-shearing grooves, and twisted rhythms. Lord Worm's vocals are classic -- completely incomprehensible growling, and yet the music could not have been served any other way. Cryptopsy is truly brutal death metal, and yet musically sophisticated. Best of all, it has a strange trance-like quality to it, much like the most intense free-jazz, which is also a 'noisy' and intense form of music.Cryptopsy get by on more than just volume, because you'd also be hard pressed to find an album that is more tight, inspired, and technical. The riffs are skull crushing, the guitar solos are scorching (and more technical than most death metal bands'). Sorry this is my first rant, haha No disrespect. I just really feel None So Vile is a great record -- obviously heh

Yeah, it's good...I guess. I don't really listen to it much, but it IS their best work (everything else is average or horrid).

l think Flo is definately one of the best no question.
He has managed to incorporate other genres in to his drumming within the Death Metal context of Cryptopsy's music.
He's smart and fucking brutal rolled in to one.
Flo's also a fan of people such as Billy Cobham, Chad Wackerman,
Lenny White, Dave Weckl etc - drummer's drummer's.
l cant think of another brutal band who will throw in Latin/Samba type rhythms/beats into a death Metal tune.
Awesome.

Does anyone know bands that have crazy ass fast beats like Children Of Bodom? That doesn't have a vocalist who sounds like hes trying not to cough?