Flotsam and Jetsam FUCKING OWNS, SLAYS, SHIT, THEY JUST PLAIN FUCKING RULE!!!

JayKeeley said:
By the way, new Megadeth is going to destroy. I'll leave it at that. :D
Do you people never learn? And didn't somebody say this about WNaH? :p

I could give two shits for every band mentoned in this thread.

I'm about halfway through Doomsday, bass playing is good but nothing too spectacular. I will stop calling Newstead a shitty bassist though. :loco:

J. said:
Do you people never learn? And didn't somebody say this about WNaH? :p
Some of us have heard it already. :D Let's just say, top 5 material, although I'd be interested to hear the views of others who've heard it. :Smug:

I could give two shits for every band mentoned in this thread.
'could' or 'could not'?

Track 6 around the 5 minute mark, Newstead is doing some pretty kickass shredding shiz. I'm impressed now.

NAD said:
Track 6 around the 5 minute mark, Newstead is doing some pretty kickass shredding shiz. I'm impressed now.
Hold tight and take your last breath the missles are on their way.... DOOMSDAY!!

And oh one other thing, to even compare Fag Panzer to the mighty F&J is sacrilege and you should be pimp slapped. SMACK!!

Consider yourself smacked the fuck up.

FLOTS' TIL DEATH!

Yeah, but Troy Gregory really shines on Prong's "Prove You Wrong". One of those talented players that people ultimately forget because they weren't around very long.

Anyone who has listened to the songs "Doomsday for the Deceiver" and "Metalshock" and still claims that Ellefson is better than Newsted needs to get some fucking Q-tips to clear the wax out of their ears. Neither one has done anything interesting in a long time, so all you have to compare is when they were in their prime.

Newsted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellefson, and I like Ellefson.

Listening to Doomsday just once I can tell Newstead had stronger chops than Ellefson ever did, but that's not a bassist's number one priority, especially in metal. Rust in Peace contains my favorite metal basswork ever, not because it's the flashiest or most pronounced playing, rather because that mufucker Ellefson was just plain SOLID.

There is no question that metal has the most amount of useless bassists, and I do enjoy chops, but it's not the only thing I look for in a good bassist. I need Thought Industry dammit, they've been on my list for 7 years and I've yet to hear a note out of them.

No two Thought Industry releases sound the same; you can barely tell they're the same band. Well, Outerspace is a Martini Away and Shortwave on a Cold Day are somewhat similar, but the other 3 sound nothing like those. I'm pretty sure I did a thorough write-up on Librarius Metallicus about them, for those curious about them. If I didn't, mock me harshly and I'll go redo it.

They are among my favorites and I hear they're working on their next masterpiece currently.