Flotsam and Jetsam re-issues

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Just got word that these will be coming out soon and I'll be getting a copy of each to review. I know there are fans here so a heads up...

MASSCD1138DG.jpg
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - CUATRO (REMASTERED + BONUS TRACKS)
Most bands were satisfied with being popular in the underground scene, Flotsam and Jetsam decided to take a step further and record an album aimed for the mainstream. "Cuatro", F&J's fourth full-length release, was precisely that album. The record proved that a thrash metal band can achieve success even on a bigger scale while still staying true to their roots. "Cuatro" - the band's fourth full-length album, was released in October 1992. The production is top notch - "Cuatro" is by far one of the best sounding thrash metal albums ever recorded. Producer Neil Kernon took a different, more straightforward approach resulting in a sharp, detailed sound, polished to perfection. Bonus Materials:
  • 5 bonus tracks (videos, edits and mixes)
CD
SKU#: MASSCD1138DG
UPC: 5907785031913
SRP: $18.95
BOX LOT: 25
RUN TIME: 70mins
LABEL: METAL MIN2
GENRE: Metal

PRE-BOOK DATE:
04/08/2008

STREET DATE:
05/13/2008

HI-RES IMAGE
SALES SHEET (PDF)
MASSCD1137DG.jpg
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - WHEN THESTORM COMES DOWN (REMASTERED +BONUS TRACKS)
Flotsam and Jetsam, the five-piece from Phoenix, Arizona - a true thrash metal legend, unjustly underrated by the mainstream, but to this day gathering a loyal fellowship of fans. "When The Storm Comes Down", originally released in 1990, remains one the group's most unique releases, showcasing amazing songwriting talent combined with a heavy dose of prime thrash riffing. For fans of old-school metal, this is an album to die for! Bonus Materials:
  • Bonus track: Interview
CD
SKU#: MASSCD1137DG
UPC: 5907785031906
SRP: $17.95
BOX LOT: 25
RUN TIME: 75mins
LABEL: METAL MIN2
GENRE: Metal

PRE-BOOK DATE:
05/06/2008

STREET DATE:
06/10/2008

HI-RES IMAGE
SALES SHEET (PDF)
MASSCD1139DG.jpg
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - DRIFT (REMASTERED + BONUS TRACKS)
Re-release of Flotsam and Jetsam's most mature and successful release from 1995. The band recorded "Drift" in one of the hardest moments in their entire career. Still, they managed to do an incredible job and put together an amazing album, full of astonishing musicianship and memorable lyrics. "Drift" remains a true classic in F&J's discography, proving that the group is a thrash metal name that you simply cannot miss out on. A must-have for all thrash metal lovers! New digipak edition includes 3 bonus tracks. Digitally remastered using 24-Bit process on golden disc, limited to 2000 copies. Bonus Materials:

i see "drift" says limited to 200 copies. is that just the gold disc or is it the rerelease in general?

I've never thought Cuatro needed to be remastered, but I'll check it out as it may be my favorite Flots album.

I'll definitely pick up When the Storm Comes Down. That album needed it badly. There are about 3 or 4 tunes that I worship on that album.

They REALLY need to remaster No Place for Disgrace next!!!

I've never thought Cuatro needed to be remastered, but I'll check it out as it may be my favorite Flots album.

I'll definitely pick up When the Storm Comes Down. That album needed it badly. There are about 3 or 4 tunes that I worship on that album.

They REALLY need to remaster No Place for Disgrace next!!!

doubt they will since its still in print and on a major label

so these are in digipacks and not thos estupid "vinyl replica" sleeves (cardboard sleeve) like the exodus remasters?

honestly i only own doomsday for deceiver and no place for disgrace, i'm trying to get cuatro when these are released as i hear a lot of good things about it. any of there other albums worth checking out? i see dreams of death in the store near me all the time. btw i hear they are making a new album

When the Storm Comes Down is really good, but the production always turned people away. I would also recommend Drift and High.

Of their last 3, My God is probably the most solid.