Flotsam & Jetsam to record New album!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
"PHOENIX, ARIZONA -Crash Music, Inc. announces that they have signed thrash metal act Flotsam & Jetsam to a two-album deal.

Flotsam & Jetsam was formed in Phoenix, Arizona in 1984 by bassist Jason Newsted, who eventually left the band to join Metallica. The band was first signed to Metal Blade Records and also recorded albums for Elektra Records and MCA Records and then went back to Metal Blade. They had released a 4 song EP entitled "Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting" in 1988 through Roadrunner and a 12" single entitled "'Flotzilla" also in 1988.

Crash Music¹s Mark Nawara comments, "We are very excited to be working with such a legendary band as Flotsam & Jetsam. They will be getting back to their roots with this new album and it should prove to be one of the best Flotsam albums in sometime."

The band which consists of Eric A.K. (vocals), Craig Nielsen (drums), Jason Ward (Bass), Mark Simpson (Guitar) and Ed Carlson (Guitar) will hit the studio later this month to begin the recording process.

Crash Music hopes to release the new album this Fall or early 2005" ~crashmusic.com

JonnyD said:
They will be getting back to their roots with this new album and it should prove to be one of the best Flotsam albums in sometime.
Hmmm, I´ve heard this so many times when it comes to older bands putting out a new album that I have a hard time believing it anymore.

JD next time change the colors I can't read black over crimson :p. And as for the famous back to roots :Smug:

I personally dont care how back to roots it is I love F&J they could shit in a cd case and I would prolly like it :loco: and I was always a bigger fan of the later work anyway Cuatro being the best ofcourse and I really like High :D Sorry bout the Black I fucked up hahahahaha

I really liked "Cautro" but never warmed up entirely to the albums after that. I have to admit I haven´t heard them nearly enough because they didn´t grab me right away though. I didn´t like "My God" at all.

I'll check it out. I have "No Place for Disgrase" & "Doomsday for the Deceiver.

I'll be looking forward to hearing it. I didn't care for them at *ALL* myself until CUATTRO, and that & DRIFT are still my favorite discs, but HIGH has some awesome stuff.. UNNATURAL SELECTION (brain fart.. This *IS* the follow-up to HIGH, right?) has a couple of good tunes, but the mix is so odd I can't listen to it. The kick drum blows my speakers at volumes at which the rest of the music is barely audible.. Very bizarre. I tried dicking with it in some audio apps, but to no avail. I didn't get MY GOD because of this..

Eric AK is one of the premiere vocalists around, and the songwriting of FJ (at least on the stuff from CUATTRO through HIGH) is tasty. I do wish the guitarists would vary their tone a bit as it gets way too samey after a while..

Great news, indeed, that they are back..

Cuatro is all you need by these guys.
You could probably live without hearing anything from them prior to or afterward.
Cuatro is their only record that get multiple spins anymore.
Wasn't thier singer in a country band?! No Bryant, he's not Ronnie Lee Keel!!!!!!

MRNot said:
I'll be looking forward to hearing it. I didn't care for them at *ALL* myself until CUATTRO, and that & DRIFT are still my favorite discs, but HIGH has some awesome stuff.. UNNATURAL SELECTION (brain fart.. This *IS* the follow-up to HIGH, right?) has a couple of good tunes, but the mix is so odd I can't listen to it. The kick drum blows my speakers at volumes at which the rest of the music is barely audible.. Very bizarre. I tried dicking with it in some audio apps, but to no avail. I didn't get MY GOD because of this..

Eric AK is one of the premiere vocalists around, and the songwriting of FJ (at least on the stuff from CUATTRO through HIGH) is tasty. I do wish the guitarists would vary their tone a bit as it gets way too samey after a while..

Great news, indeed, that they are back..
No Place For Disgrace, Drift, and High are some of my favorites. They rock!

sixxswine said:
The production on No Place is flat. I don't care for that at all, makes it unlistenable to me! I will say that their version of Saturday's All Right for Fighting is tastey!!!!!:worship:
I know what mean but I wasn't basing my opinion on the production jobs. ;) Took NPFD and Drift along with me in the car yesterday and Mr. Kernon's production job on Drift is a far cry from that of NPFD. There's no disrespect meant to Mr. Metoyer & Flotsam, though. Maybe they just didn't have a good budget for that disc, or something like that...I don't know...have no idea. I just like listening to the music. :D

I have a few signed Flotsam covers to share if you're interested:

doomsday.gif

noplace.gif

cuatro.gif

storm.gif

drift.gif

headbob.gif

Dodens Grav said:
No Place For Disgrace is still my favorite by them, though it does fall out a bit in places.

What do you mean with 'it does fall out a bit in places'??

No Place for Disgrace is (together with Doomsday for the Deceiver) also my favorite because of ther speed and agression of those albums.. (something those newer albums completely lack..)
I'm REALLY looking forward to the new albums if it goes back to their roots, (but I surely hope it won't be somehting like the last album of Metallica.. they also said they would go back to their roots..)

Dodens Grav said:
I actually haven't heard the most recent few, which would you recommend to check out first?

I would recommend Cuatro..
My God seems to be very bad the first few times you hear it (but it gets better after some listening... maybe I didn't like it at first because I only knew Doomsday for the Deceiver and No Place for Disgrace before..)