Focusrite Liquid Mix

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.focusrite.com/liquidmix

I have to say, this thing seems incredibly cool for $800. The on-board DSP would be really cool to have. Has anyone tried it, though? I can't imagine that it's total crap, but I'm curious if the plug-ins are as completely worthwhile to use as I would want them to be. I'm tempted to buy this thing...

me, too!
waiting for release date for windows and some reviews!!
to have something like 30-40 comps+eqs available for this price would be really nice!
i'd like to buy the uad, but i heard there are not that many instances of using the plug ins - and 30-40 in liquid is quite a lot!!

i'm really waitin for that tool - and it has the engine from the liquid channel and i heard nothing but good things about it!

i have been really tempted to buy this tooo , but have seen a lot of people bag it out for it's poor emulation esp for the compression stuff.

I just read a praising review in a Finnish magazine called Riffi. They did some comparing against the original grear (Avalon 737, Millenia STT-1, Universal Audio 1176 and LA-2a) and thought that the differences were very small.

Yeah, I've looked at this thing time and time again but right now I need more variety than just a ton of comps and eq's, otherwise I'd have it already. The UAD-1e seems more fitting for what I want. The Liquid Mix certainly will an addition in the future though.

There are 40 compressors and 20 eq's. Now...just to clarify there is only 32 "tracks" (mono, or 16 stereo) available to use with the Liquid Mix. This is certainly more than enough to cover just about any session, but I'm just clarifying. Like Daunt said it's been getting a lot of great reviews and basically what they all say is that the differences are negligible for the price and quality you are getting. Focusrite is really focusing on their digital stuff these days since they can't really do more than they have with the RED and ISA series of outboard units. I'm very interested in getting a Liquid Channel preamp in the future.

~e.a