Folk metal?

Txsxhx

Dead or Dreaming?
Oct 16, 2007
I recently started listening to Agalloch and Borknagar and fell in love.
Also, Tenhi was great.

I'm wondering what other bands play this kind of music and do it just as well?

Thanks

someone's gonna say korpiklaani but i just heard their new album and they refuse to try anything different so i think any one of their albums would be enough for anyone. kinda fun little jigs and such about drinking. super fast at times with fiddle. "voice of wilderness" is pretty cool.

Temnozor - Horizons
Temnozor - Folkstorm of the Azure Nights
Skyforger - Semigalls' Warchant
Arkona - Vo Slavu Velikim
Arkona - Ot Serdtsa K Nebu
Pagan Reign - Tverd

There's a lot more I'm forgetting. I'll post others later.

someone's gonna say korpiklaani but i just heard their new album and they refuse to try anything different so i think any one of their albums would be enough for anyone. kinda fun little jigs and such about drinking. super fast at times with fiddle. "voice of wilderness" is pretty cool.

Yeah, they play good party/drinking metal, I think; and they don't change very much. They have some rocking songs though.

@ OP
Try Moonsorrow. They're a blend of black folk and symphonic metal.

If you're looking for stuff in the same vein as Agalloch and Borknagar, try Ulver. They actually released one album that was all acoustic folk.

Preferably all clean.

*edit* Should I check out Elvenking or something like that? I heard their name before and I heard they were Power/folk metal.

Preferably all clean.

*edit* Should I check out Elvenking or something like that? I heard their name before and I heard they were Power/folk metal.

elvenking and mago de oz are both examples of bands that have all clean vocals. a few of their songs are interesting, but I find a lot of them boring, unless you're looking for a much lighter form of metal.