Folk Music?

I guess like folk music from Europe. Im trying to get inspiration for songs. Kinda like Ensiferum. But I dont know where they got inspiration from. Its kinda hard to explain. But like folk music from the medievil times or around there is kinda what Im looking for.

my friend sound cool stuff when he looked for Celtic Folk on Torrentspy.com.

We have a CD near by called Celtic Mystique its awesome :p, I need to steal it from my folks :D

Allright, Thanks! Im searching it now. I was also kinda looking for things, like how you can get Beethoven, or Bach, all their music on CDs, stuff like that, but for folk music. I also dont really know any artists, so that doesnt help alot. :p

well im not popular around here for liking htem :D but in extremo plays traditional medieval instruments over the standard rock/metal faire and IMO it sounds wicked rad awesome...

the one i have is called "No Music" i didnt heard the others Cds...
but this one i like :)

Yeah its really good. Ill try to find one of their cds somewhere. Thanks again.

One of my friends uploaded one of his dads CDs, thats apparently a compilation of folk songs, and its really good so far.

There is one, but it sounds so evil that you will most likely die will playing it. So i cannot teach you it.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Anybody know any scales from the medieval time? Or around that time period?

It's not so much about scales, but about HOW you use them. Study how the composers of this music used them, and try to emulate it. Also, looking at bands that you already know of like Ensiferum.

<-Warheart-> said:
It's not so much about scales, but about HOW you use them. Study how the composers of this music used them, and try to emulate it. Also, looking at bands that you already know of like Ensiferum.
Thats kinda what I meant. I mean its good to have the scales, and then build off of them, to get more of the tone. Like if I knew what scales were being used, I could see how the composers used them, and learn more about it. Im just trying to get a general idea of the tone or sound they had and how they got it. And I dont mean the instruments.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Thats kinda what I meant. I mean its good to have the scales, and then build off of them, to get more of the tone. Like if I knew what scales were being used, I could see how the composers used them, and learn more about it. Im just trying to get a general idea of the tone or sound they had and how they got it. And I dont mean the instruments.

Well the only way you'll find out is by working out some stuff or looking at tabs etc and comparing with other songs/bands. If you really care and want to find out, you'll shouldn't mind studying it. I do it with certain players so I now know typical licks and phrases etc, it's fun.