Folk Music?

Apr 15, 2005
Indiana
Anybody know where I might be able to download some folk music? Like Celtic or Medieval folk music? Im trying to get some inspiration for songs, and I didnt know if anybody knew some good artists in this genre. I know Ensiferum and some other bands like them, but I wasnt sure if anybody knew some actual folk music (from those time periods) that is good. I have this one thing by Lunasa that I think is a compilation of folk music from Ireland. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :headbang:

i read that too.
(but be aware that these modi are only ecclesical. except for this dorian mode which was used in worldly songs too, as is supposed. yet, how the common folk really sung - thus which "modes" or "scales" were common - is not really recorded)

but i guess you just want to pick up some new elements for your music, thus great authenticity might not be relevant to you

:saint: I can't remember who made it but "The Blood Of Cu Chulainn" is a great celtic song.. download it :saint:

Listen to "Moudat" by Stille Volk.

[edit] My girlfriend's into a bunch of bands that recreate traditional folk songs, which you might be interested in. Mediaeval Baebes is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

COMUS_FU_COV.jpg