Recommend me Folk Music

Alright thanks alot for the recommendations, Ill check each and everyone out once I get a free minute. Damn Philosophy essays...

BTW I made this topic in GMD because it will get more responses quicker than in the other one. Also I didn't completely rule out Folk Metal either so that factors into why I made it on this board.

Also I have heard Kveldssanger, it has been awhile since I listened to it but I remember it not really catching my attention that well the first time round. I'll have to check it out again sometime soon.

Stormwatch said:
Would what.....?

I just don't like having to scroll for five minutes just to get past someone's fucking enormous sig. Especially when it's on a page two or three times.

Don't plead ignorance to me - I know you've got bigger fore-arms than Popeye...

Carcassian said:
Don't plead ignorance to me - I know you've got bigger fore-arms than Popeye...

Well, only one. But I'm not about to get into the merits of individual posters. BTW I'm talking about her SIG, not her avatar. Not unless you like pictures of men, like the one in her sig? I certainly don't masturbate to men pics. :ill:
:cool:

Stormwatch said:
Well, only one. But I'm not about to get into the merits of individual posters. BTW I'm talking about her SIG, not her avatar. Not unless you like pictures of men, like the one in her sig? I certainly don't masturbate to men pics. :ill:
:cool:

Heh, fair play.

BTW - Fortress of arrogance - FT reader ?

You can turn signature displaying off in your forum preferences. Ofcourse adblock works if you just want to avoid one specific signature. Personally I detest signatures and I'm glad this forum actually has the option to not show them whatsoever.

J Mann, also check out Kaissa Saari. This has probably been recommended before. Traujen Saari is the actual name of the group I think.

Thanks ppl, this has been a very helpful post! Love folk metal and found some new ones!

May I add:
Orphaned Land - Mabool (best folk metal ever)
Anything by Primordial, all their albums have some great stuff and some crap
Karl Sanders (from Nile) - Saurian Meditation
Solo stuff from Vintersorg and Mortiis
Korpiklaani if ya wanna laugh

Carcassian said:
Heh, fair play.

BTW - Fortress of arrogance - FT reader ?

Yes indeed! Been a subscriber for over ten years (shame I threw them all in the bin, probably worth a few quid :erk: )

Now that you remind me - where the fuck IS the Hierophant? He's been missing for months now.

CAIRATH said:
You can turn signature displaying off in your forum preferences. Ofcourse adblock works if you just want to avoid one specific signature. Personally I detest signatures and I'm glad this forum actually has the option to not show them whatsoever.

But that means you're not seeing my incredible AC/DC-Glasgow Rangers sig!!! :yell:

Nah, you're right, sigs on here suck cock - there should be a size limit or something.