Molested - "Blod Draum"

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Yeah, it's actually really good. First band of Oystein G. Brun of Borknagar fame, for those who aren't aware.

Brutal and rifftastic death metal with some very melodic and folky moments. Acoustic guitars are incorporated, but not in a style like In Flames or At the Gates. They often play along with the death metal riffs right in the background, creating a really creepy and beautiful combo. We also hear some entirely folk parts that are made up of fiddles and other such traditional instruments. The title track "Blod Draum" is a bagpipe/keyboard drone along with some jewharp action and a blastbeat throughout almost the entire thing. You need to hear it to understand, but it's genius. Great vocals, but the production is kind of muddy. Picking out the riffs can be hard at first (like the Borknagar s/t), but when you do, this is great. TIGHT musicianship and brilliant drumming. Premium Norwegian death metal.

molested2.jpg

1. A Strife Won At Wraith 04:28
2. Along The Misty Morass 03:34
3. Unborn Woods In Doom 03:34
4. Following The Growls 05:44
5. Blod Draum 03:18
6. The Hate From Miasma Storms 03:44
7. Carved By Raven Claws 03:17
8. A Glade Of Ingrown Blood 03:44
9. Forlorn As A Mist Of Grief 04:44
Total playing time 36:07

I absolutely love vocals like this, the deep long gaseous vocals like Immolation or Demigod. Vomit growls is the bullshit like Dying Fetus.

Dying Fetus = :puke: :)

any ways, this album has tons of atmosphere the drumming is almost non stop being utilized like black metal, but with death metal vocals and death metal riffing.

This is a great fucking album. I'm always somewhat surprised that it went (or seemed to go) highly unnoticed. I have a promo copy of the follow-up ep, as well. I remember thinking it wasn't as good at the time, but I should probably pull that out for another listen.

This is a great fucking album. I'm always somewhat surprised that it went (or seemed to go) highly unnoticed. .

Huh, I almost didn't even bother opening this thread simply because the band name is MOLESTED. :ill:

Considering the theme(s) of the album, and the song titles, having a name like Molested just seems like the wrong choice.

Anyway, I'll check out those samples.

It's quite good, I also have the MCD and I think that's better.

EDIT - As I don't care for the vocals that much (altough they're very good in that area), higher screams would have made this album perfect.

Was the mCD ever formally released? I've never seen a copy and don't know anyone who has. I've seen it stated as a release in the past, but it always seemed to be somewhat of a mystery. I was under the impression for a while that they recorded it, but it was never released.

Yes, it a golden colored digipack, released by Effigy (effi004).

I have it, but no camera right now, so no pictures available.

I've wanted this CD for years, never been able to find it though. I asked Oystein years ago if they ever considered re-issuing it, he said it wasnt out of the question.