Recommend me Folk Music

I forgot about Fairport Convention. I only know of them because of their Jethro Tull connection (Dave Pegg) but apparently they're a fantastic folk band.
Pentangle were quite popular as well years ago, although I personally think they're fucking shite.

Stormwatch said:
I forgot about Fairport Convention. I only know of them because of their Jethro Tull connection (Dave Pegg) but apparently they're a fantastic folk band.
Pentangle were quite popular as well years ago, although I personally think they're fucking shite.

That's good stuff, but definitely "folk-rock."

Let's try to keep our folk pure here, okay, Judas Dylan?? ;) :tickled:

Stormwatch said:
One of my favourite bands, especially albums with Sandy Denny :worship:

Dee Snarl said:
That's good stuff, but definitely "folk-rock."

Let's try to keep our folk pure here, okay, Judas Dylan?? ;) :tickled:

The Pentangle album I had/have (dont even know if I still have it) isn't folk-rock. It's folk-shit.
Are Fairport quite rocky then? I'll have to check them out. Something similar to Songs From The Wood-era Jethro Tull would be right up my back passage.

Check out Richard Thompson's (ex-FC guitarist and founding member) stuff with then-wife Linda.

I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight is supposed to be quite good; I only know Shoot Out The Lights, which is awesome.

Fairport Convention is conventionally understood to have invented British "folk-rock."

Stormwatch said:
Maybe, but Dave Pegg always said that Tull did it so much better, which kinda put me off FC.

I wouldn't peg Tull as "folk-rock" per se.

I can hear the folk influence, but I thought they were more on their own trip....

Dee Snarl said:
I wouldn't peg Tull as "folk-rock" per se.

I can hear the folk influence, but I thought they were more on their own trip....

Yeah I agree, but Songs From the Wood and Heavy Horses are pretty folky. They been all sorts over the years, impossible to pigeon hole.