Food at the Venue?

PureXul

Jul 31, 2006
So we're just over three weeks out from the show and quite possibly the most important question has yet to be addressed (or if it was, I missed it) - will DaVinci's be sharing their wonderful, artisanal pizza with us in the form of slices at the venue? I've been craving one of their perfectly lukewarm slices with just the right ratio of congealed cheese and grease-laden pepperoni for nearly a year now, I'll be more sorrowful than an Evergrey album if they're not at the fest.

Also, will the venue itself be serving any food in Vinyl? Will things like granola bars be allowed in?

Well, even if they aren't, DaVinci's is a short walk from the venue. I assume that Vinyl will be offering the same options they usually do.

Personally, I'm looking forward to hitting Sausalito West Coast again. Can't go wrong with their tacos.

As much as I love eating pizza all day, I'd prefer if we could just bring in sandwiches or something. Eating garbage food (pizza) takes a toll on the body, and I'm a huge fan of DaVinci's. If I'm going to be standing all day in my cowboy boots I need sustenance of a higher quality.

We just shared this update on our facebook page:

Hello Prog Power USA XVI,
This is Eric from Davincis Pizza Atlanta,Ga. Excited to say we are looking forward to serving you again as your pizza vendor for all 3 days of event. Something special this year we will have 2 tables set up for food. One will be Pizza by the slice peperoni/cheese. Second stage table we will be serving Hot Dogs w/ potato salad and coleslaw. Also Nachos w/cheese. For thursdays event. 4pm -to close. Friday and Saturday we will also have Hot Dogs and Nachos. We will also have BBQ pulled pork sandwiches w/potato salad and coleslaw. We look forward to seeing everbody at show. Thankyou for all your support in the past. Don't forget to tip your servers. Please feel free to walk to our location located at 1270 west peachtree st. 2 blocks to right out of front door down west peachtree st.

Also, here's a list of restaurants near the venue. Many are within walking distance. We recently discovered there's a Panera Bread nearby.

Here's a custom Google map that includes nearby restaurants.

Just saw this update in regards to DaVinci's. Fantastic news, if their pizza is any indication, I expect to enjoy their other offerings immensely. I'm hoping that I can talk them into a hot dog topped with pulled pork and nacho cheese, truly a progressive culinary delight of powerful proportions.

Edit: Thanks for following up, Jen, still curious about bringing snacks in but I'm guessing that will be addressed sometime between now and the fest?

Over/under on the number of people who shit their pants waiting in line for the bathroom?

but I'm guessing that will be addressed sometime between now and the fest?

I want to make it clear that official venue policy is no food is allowed to be brought inside. I have expressed my thoughts to management recently that something like 1-2 protein bars should be allowed on Friday and Saturday. I agree with them that those attempting to bring in bags of goodies should be denied. The final decision ultimately remains with venue management and security.

There will be no update between now and then because I don't have any further say in things.

Glenn

I want to make it clear that official venue policy is no food is allowed to be brought inside. I have expressed my thoughts to management recently that something like 1-2 protein bars should be allowed on Friday and Saturday. I agree with them that those attempting to bring in bags of goodies should be denied. The final decision ultimately remains with venue management and security.

There will be no update between now and then because I don't have any further say in things.

Glenn
Gotcha, for some reason I thought the official policy was in flux based on discussions you were having in regards to allowing protein bars officially but I must have misread. Thanks for clarifying.