Kitchen at The Pearl Room closed

I'll find out if there may still be some things like nachos or
something available....I really don't understand how not
being able to eat for 5 hours will wreck your weekend or
your time at the fest....bring a candy bar in with you, if it's
that big of a deal.

I have a feeling some Chicago natives will be sneaking in Brown's Chicken Beef sammiches. We grow em large here in the Chi.

it just doesn't seem reasonable to not allow re-entry given the change in circumstances regarding the availability of food at the venue.

Causing a huge hassle for the venue & getting the cops involved due to "loitering" issues, which is what brought on the no re-entry policy in the first place, just to make a handful of people happy cuz they can't keep from injesting food for 5 1/2 hours is fuckin' ridiculous. :Smug:

Gimme a fuckin' break!! :rolleyes: :yell: This is metal, people!! Not of fuckin' picnic!

Sorry for the rant, but I really sense some major lack of appreciation here. If you don't like the conditions....STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Rant Off>

p.s. CRJ will be sporting "special" Powerfest shirts in honor of situations/complaints/criticisms such as these. :lol: :lol:

Well, one thing about re-entry at a fest is usually at a fest you get a lot of merch, and want to drop it off somewhere... instead, you're stuck with your loot for the entire night, having to carry it around and hoping you don't lose it in any unfortunate accidents.

Also, whats the policy for smoking at the venue? I'm guess its a big no-no along with everything else?

Excellent!

Smoking is banned in all buy 1 venue around here, and that venue never gets any good shows, so I always have to hold myself even when bored of all the openers.

^True, but for those people with special needs, is The Pearl Room allowing carry-ins?

You and I know that they won't let you bring in outside drinks. Here's my thoughts/theory. Places don't let you bring in outside food and drink because they don't want to lose sales of their own products. Makes sense. TPR isn't going to offer food for the weekend, so why should they care whether someone brings in snacks or not, ya know? They're not gonna lose anything. If nothing else, pretend you are going to the movie theater. Don't tell me none of you have stuffed some candy or soda in your pockets to avoid that hefty snack bill. ;)

Rachel: Ok, thanks for the reply, although I usually don't carry in potables and edibles into shows...except I did for the 2005 Ozzfest. ;)

So, does that mean TPR is allowing carry-ins for this year's CPF?

I cant figure out why people freak out about not eating for 5 hours....do you eat something every few hours when you are not at a show??? I know I dont...there are times where I dont eat or drink for like 12 hours. Like Chris pointed out...bring in a candy bar or a power bar or something. Eat something before going on in. I do that for every show and I never have issues.

I think it's the fact that there was once an option to eat, and now there's not. The foodies are restless. :)

this is getting sad that people are getting so worked up about food. It isnt like they are asking you not too eat all day, just for like 5 hours. It wont be hard. Like posted before...just eat before coming in. you will survive the night.

this is getting sad that people are getting so worked up about food. It isnt like they are asking you not too eat all day, just for like 5 hours. It wont be hard. Like posted before...just eat before coming in. you will survive the night.

Yeah I don't get it, I often go from the time I wake up (5:30am) until 7 or 8pm without food...just goes with the nature of being a computer consultant and living on a real tight schedule...I often don't have time to break for lunch during the day..so yeah 5 hours without food is no big deal.

Not a huge deal for me even thought I'm use to eating small meals every few hours. I'll just eat something before the show. I'm more upset that it's a smoking venue.

I think it's the fact that there was once an option to eat, and now there's not.

That seems to be it in a nutshell.

The foodies are restless. :)

Foodies? :) Nah, it wasn't in my plans, as indicated in my first post in this thread. But that's not the case for others, and it especially does not bode well for any attendees who may have serious health issues. It's rather unsettling to see that aspect of it shrugged off, ignored.

and it especially does not bode well for any attendees who may have serious health issues. It's rather unsettling to see that aspect of it shrugged off, ignored.

True, though I think that someone with serious health issues who is required to eat at various intervals would probably not be reliant on food from a concert venue. (IE - could bring snack bars, etc.).

I don't think anyone was trying to be insensitive towards someone who does indeed have a health issue.