DISTURBED playing the PEARL ROOM??

I've seen Disturbed twice and really enjoyed them both times. I agree with the general consensus here that they get better with each release. I think "Guarded" is their best song to date. I'll continue to look forward to their releases for years to come. They've even gotten over that hurdle for the where even if their NEXT album wasn't that good, I still wouldn't discount them for future releases. Same "genre" I guess, but slightly off topic...Sevendust, on the other had, has kind of lost me. Their last two releases have been VERY mediocre to me and I've kind of lost interest in what once was a blind buy for me.

agreed 100%....people have been saying the same shit bob is for years...they'll
go on to have their 4th platinum album, even with the state of the industry, and
continue to do their thing for a long time to come. like 'em or not, the bottom line is they are the real deal, have real talent and write memorable songs....that still carries more weight than corpse paint and furry cock covers.... :)

we will see in a few years, keep an eye out for the used CD bins that will be full of thier CD's.

Yeah, the pearl room gonna be down with the sickness, yo!

(Seriously, awful band. And yes, I have seen them live, was literally dragged into the venue. I was piss drunk and I still think it was awful.)

I've seen Disturbed twice and really enjoyed them both times. I agree with the general consensus here that they get better with each release. I think "Guarded" is their best song to date. I'll continue to look forward to their releases for years to come. They've even gotten over that hurdle for the where even if their NEXT album wasn't that good, I still wouldn't discount them for future releases. Same "genre" I guess, but slightly off topic...Sevendust, on the other had, has kind of lost me. Their last two releases have been VERY mediocre to me and I've kind of lost interest in what once was a blind buy for me.

Sevendust was an AMAZING band, I love the self titled CD, Home, and Animosity. After those albums I kind of lost interest though. Next had a couple of killer songs on there though. Sevendust was another great band that could write hooky heavy shit.

Negatron Bob: If the trend continues and recorded music becomes e-music only I think a lot of bands will see their CDs end up in the used bins, just like the vinyl recordings!

Jasonic: I don't remember Disturbed doing local shows regularly back in the day. Aren't they from somewhere downstate like Peoria or something? It's nice that they've gained recognition but they never clicked with me when they first made music news headlines. Same with Mudvayne, which is odd because I can appreciate other bands similar in style, or at least the style I remember anyway. I must admit I haven't kept up with either of them. Perhaps I should give them another chance.

I think MUDVAYNE is the one from Peoria.
Not sure about Disturbed. Think they might be from the southside.....

I just remember when they got signed as a "hot band from Chicago" it was like, "Who????"

agreed 100%....people have been saying the same shit bob is for years...they'll
go on to have their 4th platinum album, even with the state of the industry, and
continue to do their thing for a long time to come. like 'em or not, the bottom line is they are the real deal, have real talent and write memorable songs....that still carries more weight than corpse paint and furry cock covers.... :)

so you judge a band on how many gold or platinum records they got? wow....
the thing with giving awards to bands on album sales is a joke....you forget that the record label spends so much money on promotion and paying MTV to push thier videos and radio stations to play their song over and over and over so the sheep and lemmings out there think they have to like this "new" sound. Bands like this are a dime a dozen. Sure they made thier little mark, but in the grand scheme of things...they havent dont anything to make them last or even be remembered other than..."oh yeah, isnt that the band who was on Ozzfest and from Chicago?"

I will set this up for you easy so you can make a crack.....I will take corpse paint and furry cock any day over commercial based so called metal. At least those bands know what metal is and keeping the underground alive.

the thing with giving awards to bands on album sales is a joke....you forget that the record label spends so much money on promotion and paying MTV to push thier videos and radio stations to play their song over and over and over so the sheep and lemmings out there think they have to like this "new" sound. Bands like this are a dime a dozen. Sure they made thier little mark, but in the grand scheme of things...they havent dont anything to make them last or even be remembered other than..."oh yeah, isnt that the band who was on Ozzfest and from Chicago?"

I will set this up for you easy so you can make a crack.....I will take corpse paint and furry cock any day over commercial based so called metal. At least those bands know what metal is and keeping the underground alive.

The idea is that it takes a long time for a platinum-selling band to disappear. Even if Disturbed were fading away, their sales would slowly dwindle and trickle away. Not overnight. They aren't going to go away as fast as you think Elvenking will explode into that kind of sales.

The funny part is that Disturbed are just now hitting their stride and taking off. The last record was huge for them both commercially and with other metal fans that have noticed them moving away from the so-called nu metal sound and monkey noises.

So you'll have to tolerate them for a long time, buddy. Nothing about Disturbed is a-dime-a-dozen.

The idea is that it takes a long time for a platinum-selling band to disappear. Even if Disturbed were fading away, their sales would slowly dwindle and trickle away. Not overnight. They aren't going to go away as fast as you think Elvenking will explode into that kind of sales.

The funny part is that Disturbed are just now hitting their stride and taking off. The last record was huge for them both commercially and with other metal fans that have noticed them moving away from the so-called nu metal sound and monkey noises.

So you'll have to tolerate them for a long time, buddy. Nothing about Disturbed is a-dime-a-dozen.

where did I ever say Elvenking would ever get that kind of sales???? point me in that direction? I think actually that they stepped down in quality after the latest disc. I know that bands just dont disappear over night. Fans of real metal can care less about bands like Disturbed. Bands like that are for the lowest common denominator anyways. It is even sad that we are even discussing this band on a metal forum.

you really are a fucking tool....i don't judge talent on sales, i judge talent on talent....you're one of the fucking morons that thinks because an artist sells albums that they have no talent....maybe they sell albums because they do, AND, they get a push because they do......please do us all a favor and return to your little cave and commence fucking yourself!

you really are a fucking tool....i don't judge talent on sales, i judge talent on talent....you're one of the fucking morons that thinks because an artist sells albums that they have no talent....maybe they sell albums because they do, AND, they get a push because they do......please do us all a favor and return to your little cave and commence fucking yourself!

you are the one who bought up album sales and how many platinum records that they have. Most artist who are big really have no talent...they have others do the work for them. The reason they get a push is because they are the maketing tools of the major labels. I am going back to my cave which leads to the underground of real music. Hope to see you there one day.

:OMG: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

least I have an opinion and not a follower of the masses.

is that actually applying to me? because fucking lol and btw im not sure if you knew, but most people hate Eluveite because of their direct metalcore influence into viking metal, might wanna change ur avatar :)

Saying that to me before Bob is sort of ridiculous and I am merely joking but I don't assort personal tastes with insults. I expected better from a BM fanboy :p

I am going back to my cave which leads to the underground of real music. Hope to see you there one day.

dude, i had Kill 'em All, Fistful of Metal, Violence and Force and Show No Mercy on vinyl back in '83/84, don't tell me about the "underground," i was a part of the real underground before you even knew what metal was! :)