DISTURBED playing the PEARL ROOM??

Its impossible to say that variant of metal is growing faster than others at this point in time.
Why? Because every region has different leaders in specific genres right now.

Well, judging by the few indie metal labels (and not the little tiny labels either) I've talked to, they wish they could do the numbers that some of these christian metal releases do.

Problem is that it's a niche scene which has it's supporters who buy shitloads of albums. A regular indie metal label can't just jump on the bandwagon because it won't get the same level of support. Although I'm not that versed in the punk scene, but it sounds similar to how straight-edgers are militant about which bands/labels they support.

Sorry Rob, I know you have some business dealings with them, but labels like Victory have ZERO credibility these days.

In retrospect & now for the record, Victory is THE WORST label I have EVER had the displeasure of dealing with!! I've dealt with several over the years & I highly doubt I'll ever encounter a worse label to deal with than Victory. And I agree...their credibilty is SHIT now!! Although, please let me clarify...I really shouldn't be saying "their" credibility as there are good people over there that do work very hard...I really should be saying "HIS" credibility as it's run by a DICKtator. ;) :lol:

What's done is done now...and those dealings you speak of left with the recent departure (quitting) of one of the those people who was worth a damn over there...who BTW is cool enough to still follow through with our deal even though he no longer works there.

Also, judging by the recent Victory signings, it's almost like they're throwing darts at a pile of shitty demos lying on the floor & whichever band is willing to sign their lives & music away for next to nothing in return gets the contract. :lol:

I've met him once and a few of my friends have met him a few times due to a job they had. Arrogant prick is an understatement.

Damn, I woulda figured he was kinda cool since that stint at Ozzfest where he saw a handicapped fan and was like if this mother fucker can come out here he deserves to be on stage...I think he was on stage the whole set

Well, judging by the few indie metal labels (and not the little tiny labels either) I've talked to, they wish they could do the numbers that some of these christian metal releases do.

Problem is that it's a niche scene which has it's supporters who buy shitloads of albums. A regular indie metal label can't just jump on the bandwagon because it won't get the same level of support. Although I'm not that versed in the punk scene, but it sounds similar to how straight-edgers are militant about which bands/labels they support.

It is very much the same. THe Christian stuff is huge. Just last night there was this big ad on the train station. Basically pushing the christian hard rock stuff. There is a huge crazy fanbase for it. They even have that big Cornerstone fest. I was channel surfing months ago one night and came across this metal video....then it hit me that it was on the Christian channel. THey have thier own version of Headbangers Ball but with all christian stuff.

The straight edge and punk philosophy is very much of the same. Once you crossed that line on to a kind of major label.....you loose your credibility. Many of punk / hardcore bands fell victim to this. Great example was this band Samiam. Had a really big following. Right in that time when Green Day went to a major...every major label was looking for the next new band....they signed Samiam....who got greedy. On the next tour they played in front pf 50 people instead of the usual almost sold out crowd. Straight edge and punk fans are very pasionate about that stuff. Less now that in the older days. It was something that you didnt do.

There are a few metal acts that have Christian overtones in thier lyrics and stuff who blend into the metal scene without bragging that they are a christian band....Eterna, Seventh Avenue, and even Holy Blood (great black metal).

it is cheap points too look good.

Wow... where the fuck do you get off sayining that about someone you don't know? Doing something nice for a handicapped person is "cheap points to look good"? Why? Because he's in a band you don't like? Because you heard on the internet he's a dick? You really are a fucking tool.

Wow... where the fuck do you get off sayining that about someone you don't know? Doing something nice for a handicapped person is "cheap points to look good"? Why? Because he's in a band you don't like? Because you heard on the internet he's a dick? You really are a fucking tool.

well most handicapped people do not like being treated differently. How would you like to be singled out like that and put on display because of a disability?

Disturbed is one of those bands that get a lot of disrespect. I've seen them at the DimeBag Tribute show and they were amazing, fucking amazing!!! I'm a fan of them they have a great sound and are excellent writers as well. Just because the masses seem to get a moment of clarity and like a specific band doesnt mean that they suck, if they weren't on that Ozzfest tour that broke them out they would be a little known band and the metalheads would like them more. They happened to be in the right place at the right time to get the fame that they're at that doesn't take away from the band IMO. If anything I have to hand it to them for sticking it out and not letting the fame brake the band up and spawn 3 different bands that are not as good.

Lastly, Its great to see a Chicago band make it big. All the power to them!

I really liked the first album. The use of electronics like in the first song were excellent. After that they've been trying harder to be an actual metal band and break away from their nu-metal roots, bad idea. No more shitty solos and generic heavy metal riffing.