Food Day Tomorrow

What should I bring (multiple choice!)?

• Individual packets of instant oatmeal- the non-flavored kind, cuz it's cheaper

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Half a box of baking soda from 1996

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • White Castles- someone always brings them, and there's one very close to work.

• The rotten fruit on top of the guy's cabinet in the next cube over (2 oranges that are no longer ora

• Ice (the dry kind)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Ibuprofen- because these people get really annoying

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
and I have to bring something. Like, my name's on a list and someone most assuredly will say, "Hey, what did Eric bring?", which can be translated to "how long will he have a job here?"

dood, we went to Costco and got some Apple Streudel bread that was awesome, and they had a Cranberry Orange bread that was the same brand, and we are getting that one next time. It had more fat in it, so we decided to try the less unhealthy one, but next time it's GO FOR THE GUSTO.

gusto_4.jpg

Cranberry Orange tea bread is good :(

i remember the gummi bear cartoons. i don't remember watching them much, but i recall their existence.

and yeah, at the time of purchase, i was pondering the notion that the cranberry orange bread would be much better than the apple one. but we tried the apple anyway. next time though, it's CRANORANGETASTIC.

Originally posted by avi
save that baking soda to keep your fridge smelling fresh! and remember, dry ice can be made into a bomb.
doesn't baking soda go bad after so many years? it's more just ineffective i guess- well, depending on what your uses for it are.

cocaine.jpg

Gummi Bears remains the peak of Disney Afternoon cartoons, surpassing even the legendary DuckTales, I think. At one point in my life I could name more than twenty Gummi Knights.

I hear and understand; Duck Tales was the 2001: A Space Odyssey of the Disney Afternoon. But Gummi Bears was a Full Metal Jacket or Clockwork Orange: brilliant and perhaps even preferential!

SO:

If I have this herarchy of Disney afternoon shows correct, it's:

Gummi Bears
DuckTales
Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck / TaleSpin

And actually, I somewhat agree. I now remember more about the Gummi bears- with the knights and all- and I believe I did enjoy that one quite a bit more. DuckTales was great, with the buffoonery and adventuresome tales as well as the big mansion house thing. Rescue Rangers was pretty awesome too, and Chip n Dale were easy to like. Darkwing and Talespin I never got into- i think i was growing out of the disney stuff at that point. Plus, they just sucked. I think it was the supporting cast that was missing- Gummis and Ducktales had great supporting casts.

An aside:
i made Chex mix last night, but as I am a greedy jerkhead, i saved it at home for myself.
i brought bagels and cream cheese.
someone else brought the white castles.

Now continue the Disney afternoon discussion.

Well, Gummi Bears was an extraordinary show...it had an enormous amount of continuity between episodes for a cartoon, and the basic concept was of this ancient lost civilization with artifacts all over. The design of the gadgets and halls and relics was spectacular. The last few episodes, when the Gummi Knights came from across the sea and spirited away the bears, were chock-full of death metaphor.

Yeah, I probably would've liked DW Duck a lot more if I hadn't been aging away from it when it came out...

DuckTales
Darkwing Duck
TaleSpin
Rescue Rangers
Gummi Bears

The ducktales video game kicked ass while the rescue rangers video game was a joke. And I hardly remember the gummi bears so it has to go on the bottum.