Food.

Bates

Swamp Yankee
Dec 12, 2006
Tualatin, OR
www.darkgleam.net
As I think we've thoroughly discussed mead, with many redundant questions by yours truly.... let's move on to the other cornerstone of hospitality... food!

What kind of oddball stuff do you like to serve and/or snack up on?
My current chow of choice is shredded ham and green onions, blended with cream cheese upon toast. Preferably using bread with some actual flavor, but alas, all we have is white. (Yes, I'm secretly hunting for new things to try... and doing what my people do best; misappropriating everything we take a fancy to. And, err, eating everything that looks edible :) )

A quick survery of the household has revealed the following snacking habits:
Hershey's chocolate sauce, you know the icecream topping stuff, preferably right out of the can. Cuz I'm such a refined lady, you know... For a really good, goey snack for people with a high-revving metabolism like mine, another great snack involving chocolate sauce is chocolate sauce, meringues and whipped cream on vanilla ice ream. The Swede in me likes Kalles Dill Kaviar on hard tack just as much, though.
My husband actually has people bring up spray cheese from the US. You can't buy it up here, since it's so full of crap that our version of the FDA won't allow it, but he likes it like I like my Hersheys - straight out of the can into the mouth. Goes great with his real favourite snack (beer).
The oldest kid prefers tortelini with sundried tomato pesto, the other one is not fussy - she has a hollow leg that she's continuously trying to fill with anything edible that does not have mushrooms or onions in or on it. Right now, her faves seem to be those Ritz Bits with fake cheese in them, and she also likes yogurt tubes that her mother freezes for her. A ggod sandwich with avocado, shrimp and mayo also goes down in a hurry.
The dog likes most things, but is partial to crayons and erasers, remote controls and bricks of butter.

Noodles.... -and Tyra, how in the hell do you Canadians expect to keep up with our obesity rate if cans of spray cheese aren't allowed to cross the border?

A crap sandwhich. Open up your fridge, take out everything you can fit between to slices of bread, do so and nuke it for 1/2 - 1 minute depending on how much crap is in between.

a great sandwich made of any nice homemade bread, tomato sauce ( homemade)with tabasco, gerkhins( or whatever is the name for the little cucumbers in vinegar), toast red peper and ham slice!!!!!!!! that really should be in Valhall´s menu

another variant is the same bread with olive oil, gongonzola cheese and roast peppers... Now i really should go and have my lunch!

Toblerones( specially king size) works really nice, although almost any kind of chocolate is very welcomed...and damn,Kebabs!

CHEESE IN SPRAY!!!!what the hell is that???

pizza. seriously, nothing tops pizza
Italian or Grecian style?
My husband actually has people bring up spray cheese from the US. You can't buy it up here, since it's so full of crap that our version of the FDA won't allow it, but he likes it like I like my Hersheys - straight out of the can into the mouth. Goes great with his real favourite snack (beer).
hehe, reminds me of one of my most infamous drunken inventions. Spray cheese on mini-Butterfingers. :)
The dog likes most things, but is partial to crayons and erasers, remote controls and bricks of butter.
Alright, that just made me burst out laughing.

a great sandwich made of any nice homemade bread, tomato sauce ( homemade)with tabasco, gerkhins( or whatever is the name for the little cucumbers in vinegar), toast red peper and ham slice!!!!!!!! that really should be in Valhall´s menu
That does sound really damn good.
CHEESE IN SPRAY!!!!what the hell is that???

An American form of slow suicide :D

Hahaha, you think cheese in a spray can is weird? Try fish cream in a squeeze tube. The kind toothpaste comes in.

I can only imagine the look on someone's face after accidentally putting salmon paste on his toothbrush instead of toothpaste..

Those Swedes have some craaazy food things.

Here are the greatest foods in order:

1. Beef Jerky
2. Nacho's
3. Everything else

And that is the end of this thread.

p.s. Tyra, I'll get to your PM's soon, I've just ben reeeeaaally bus with shit around the house in the 'working world' :erk:

Snack on? a nice plate of nachos, or a stir fry, For something heavy, a big fucker of a rump steak or at the moment im going through a Kebab/Souvlaki stage.

Then again any food is good to eat when you're ripped hah.

Whenever im hungry i have a banana smoothie :) Its tasty, healthy and fills you up pretty well! Unfortunately for us australians most the bananas got wiped out earlier in the year by a cyclone, so they've been real expensive lately.. but mum still bought some every now and then :)