For any Chicago-area folks not attending the Accept show...

Met-Al

Oct 12, 2004
Hey, everyone!

I know I'm posting this pretty late, but I was waiting for my bandmates to upload a demo or two of our material so that you could sample it before making a decision. Because I don't get enough travel with Katagory V, I've joined another band to keep me busy when they don't. The band is called Born Of Silence. The musicians in this band were originally united as Keith Sudano's new lineup for Eternity-X in the 2000s. To make a long story short, Keith flaked out on them after they wrote an album's worth of material, so they decided to start their own band. After trying the club circuit in central Illinois and beyond with another singer, they felt things weren't working out with him and continued their search. That's where I come in. I've been jamming with these guys over the last three months, and it's been a lot of fun.

Anywho, we're playing a show this Friday in Chicago Ridge with Sacred Dawn and Iniquity Of Symmetry. The cover charge shouldn't be more than $5.00. Here's the venue information as well as a link to our Reverbnation page. There are two rough demos up. Please let us know what you think.

Bobby McGhee's
10139 S. Harlem Ave.
Chicago Ridge, IL 60415

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/bornofsilenceband

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I was going to go to the Accept / Sabaton show but someone else needed the night off at work so I am working....I also lost some interest in Sabaton so missing it wont be that big of deal for me. Plus there are tons of shows coming up in the next few months to keep me happy.

See you there!
*shakes booty*

I've never been to this club before. Hopefully it doesn't suck ass. Ha!

Al and I checked it out before he booked the show. It's pretty roomy. Of course, the show is going to be on the smaller stage, and we don't know how roomy that particular part of the bar is...Apparently the club policy is that if you've never played a show there before, you play on the smaller stage first. Since none of the bands have, it's the small stage for all three. :/

I was going to go to the Accept / Sabaton show but someone else needed the night off at work so I am working....I also lost some interest in Sabaton so missing it wont be that big of deal for me. Plus there are tons of shows coming up in the next few months to keep me happy.

missed_the_point.jpg

Saw Accept last Sunday and it was as fantastic as the Gramercy show last year. Pity you are missing the band as they are on fire. Especially the Russian Roulette and BOTN songs. Sabaton were all sizzle and no steak.

What??????????????????????????????????
Sorry, I am going to have to respectfully agree to disagree on that one.
If you are speaking simply of radio friendly ACCEPT, then maybe.......

why should someone have to like a band because they sound like another band? that means there are hundreds of bands you should be buying and listening to.

why should someone have to like a band because they sound like another band? that means there are hundreds of bands you should be buying and listening to.

Just stating a fact that you like many German trad / power metal bands.
I would think given this that a band as notorious as ACCEPT would be a given.

Of course there are outliers, and fans of one band might not like another.

Most importantly, I was pointing out your derailing of Joan's thread.
I am surprised Simon "Mr NBA" Mounsey didn't comment on the JPEG!