For any Chicago-area folks not attending the Accept show...

Seen them twice. Good warm up band but they are still mid tier.

disagree.jpg

What??????????????????????????????????
Sorry, I am going to have to respectfully agree to disagree on that one.
If you are speaking simply of radio friendly ACCEPT, then maybe.......

Well... let's compare music from their most recent albums (and don't give me the crap excuse that Edguy changed their sound because I can find another 40 examples that sound nothing like Accept):

versus

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt-j00GFiI0&feature=related[/ame]

I rest my case when it comes to Edguy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now as for Helloween, let's compare the most popular songs by each band:

versus

I also rest my case when it comes to Helloween.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason, I'm sorry but Milt just did this to you...

owned9wz.jpg

The thing is about Accept is they just have a much more harder edge to them than both Helloween and Edguy, so I just don't get this similarity. Plus, vocally way different.

Wow, comparing two songs from each band is a really good assessment.
Like it or not, ACCEPT has been quoted by both bands as major influences, and as a long time fan of all 3 bands, would say that it would not be far fetched that a HELLOWEEN or EDGUY fan would dig ACCEPT.

Wow, comparing two songs from each band is a really good assessment.
Like it or not, ACCEPT has been quoted by both bands as major influences, and as a long time fan of all 3 bands, would say that it would not be far fetched that a HELLOWEEN or EDGUY fan would dig ACCEPT.

Jason, influence is one thing. Sounding like another band is another. I can see some inspiration in guitar playing maybe, but I really don't hear how they sound alike for reasons I've mentioned. You also have to figure that Accept is one of the top metal bands ever to come out of Germany, so of course they're going to be a huge influence on most classic German metal; again though, it doesn't mean they sound like them.

Please come on out, moderwizardry! The more, the merrier (and, of course, the less empty the bar looks)! Now we just have to convince Simon to go. Would a mere $5.00 cover charge do it?

Seeing as how this thread has lasted much longer than I anticipated (thanks to Jason, Bob, and Milton derailing it), has anyone actually listened to the demos?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I did! And I loved Voices in the Shadow, especially the instrumental parts at the beginning. The guitar work made me tingle with joy!

Al,
Sorry for the derailment dog.....
I guess when promoting a local gig, its bound to happen.
It happened in my thread about the CIIC gig a while back too.

Also, to be honest, you referred to ACCEPT in the thread title which sparked the discussion.

I have not listened to the demo, but you know I am a fan of your voice, esp your work with QUESTION OF MADNESS (I have only seen a couple live vids of you performing with KAT V).