For anyone who wants to hear what Metal Radio was like in the 80s

I don't know if it is related at all, but there is a METAL SHOP station on www.live365.com. I use the Radio365 tool to listen to it, and you can RMB to get a recently played list, thus:

snap038.jpg

I think it is different. The link I sent was from a show that aired in the mid+ 80s on radio. I've listened to the one on Live365 too and its cool, but the one on MySpace is the real deal as it was back then :)

Totally fucking cool...I've got a few of these on vinyl that I've picked up from Vintage Record shops over the years...it's a real trip to listen to, especially with all the old commercials.

Man...when I think back of all the bands that Charlie Kendall led me to discover back then...Fates Warning, Helloween, Armored Saint, Kick Axe, Leatherwolf, Malice, White Wolf, Fifth Angel, Metal Church, Europe, etc. Their Fresh Metal segment was always my fave part of the show...

Very, very cool!

Rock on!

MetalAges said:
I just came across this MySpace page for the old MetalShop show: 3 complete shows on there from 84, 85, good stuff!

I used to listen to that show all the time; that's the first place I heard "Power of the Night" by Savatage :headbang:

Pellaz said:
"Metalshop: the only show with teeth!"

That reminds me: I ordered the t-shirt back when I was 14 or 15, and they ripped me off!!!!!!!

Still a cool show, though :lol:

ashaman7122 said:
Totally fucking cool...I've got a few of these on vinyl that I've picked up from Vintage Record shops over the years...it's a real trip to listen to, especially with all the old commercials.

Man...when I think back of all the bands that Charlie Kendall led me to discover back then...Fates Warning, Helloween, Armored Saint, Kick Axe, Leatherwolf, Malice, White Wolf, Fifth Angel, Metal Church, Europe, etc. Their Fresh Metal segment was always my fave part of the show...

Very, very cool!

Rock on!

I'd love to hear them. I still have a Kind Diamond interview from the Conspiracy release on casette somewhere.