for fans of October Tide and Early Katatonia

Sune - haha, thanks! that is beyond an honor, as Mike has topped my all time favorite vocalists list ever since I heard my first Opeth song.

before you write more......try to kick yourself in the balls a few times......I find it to help me in my musical endeavors......or you could also close you johnson in the refrigerator door a few times....that helps too.....

Good shit bro!!!!! ;)

Deliverance6 said:
before you write more......try to kick yourself in the balls a few times......I find it to help me in my musical endeavors......or you could also close you johnson in the refrigerator door a few times....that helps too.....

Good shit bro!!!!! ;)

...mmk... :ill: I think I'm going to have to substitute the whole ball-kicking and pecker slamming thing for just jamming on my guitar... which is about the same cuz I suck on guitar.

but other than that, AYE!!! Thankee!

Deliverance6 said:

Good shit bro!!!!! ;)
vee ah going to cut off your chonson!

good growls! Very close to October Tide style!

I have some qestions about home recording...
What is the basic equipment you need? Is it better to record with amp+micro or to plug in your guitar in a pre-amp/pedal-> computer?

I'm totally ignorant about this stuff but would like to know more, because I have some ideas I'd like to record, but when I tried I got total bad quality/ sound results...so maybe it could be I dont have a good equipment or I'm not good at setting it in the proper way...
I also used coold edit to record...

Amp+mic all the way. Makes it sound much more like on a real cd, while pedal-pc makes it sound too harsh.
Although, if a harsh sound is what you're trying to get, you can do that of course.
Also, if you use a mic, try different positions and find a good one, cos it can make significant differences in your sound.

ether said:
good growls! Very close to October Tide style!

I have some qestions about home recording...
What is the basic equipment you need? Is it better to record with amp+micro or to plug in your guitar in a pre-amp/pedal-> computer?

I'm totally ignorant about this stuff but would like to know more, because I have some ideas I'd like to record, but when I tried I got total bad quality/ sound results...so maybe it could be I dont have a good equipment or I'm not good at setting it in the proper way...
I also used coold edit to record...

Aye! Thank you!

I'd spend some money and buy a computer recording program, and follow what ctuluthingy said.

Of course you could always go an buy a Digidesign MBox(last I checked they were around $300 australian, could be wrong). It gives you two simultanious inputs, a decent pre-amp and you get Pro Tools with it.
Then all you'd need would be some half decent mics to get a sweet sounding recording.

just lettin ya know i listened to yer song jinn. it's pretty good, but katatonia type stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea (i sometimes check out random shit here though, since i obviously use the bloodbath subforum). later dude.

decayed said:
Then... what the heck are you doing on a Katatonia forum? Trolling around, are you?
Thats what i was thinkin

@jinn, your growl is excellent. Find a better way to record though cause its hard to hear some of the music, maybe its just my speakers. Keep writing music though!