For guitarists (with whammy bars on their guitars)

NikolasK88

Sarcasm is the shit
Apr 27, 2006
Europe
I don't know if anyone asked this question before. I think not. Anyway, I was having a discussion with my father the other day. It was about a shitty guitar that I've bought 2 years ago that is kinda wrecked now and I'm more than lazy to have it fixed. He's an "oldies" type. Y' know, he listens to '70 music and was in some bands at that time so I thought that guitar technology was different back then.
Anyway, he said: "Why the hell do you have to cut the tip of the string in order to put it on a floyd rose tremolo? Why isn't there a tremolo which is built in a way that you can insert a string without having to cut the round metallic tip?"
And I thought, what the hell? It is pretty fucking annoying when you use the tremolo and the string just doesn't remain in it's position. I want to fucking break the guitar. So, are there any tremolos with this feature or what? Who on earth came up with that?

So this stupid feature is only on floyd rose like tremolos?

I know that it remains in it's place in other guitars, but mine sucks. And a friend of mine who's got an LTD has got the same problem sometimes.
So, Kahlers are better? Cool!

NikolasK88 said:
What do you mean, you cunt? Backwards? In a floyd rose tremolo, you've got to cut the edge of the string.

What he means is, string the ball end through the machine head, and wrap it around as many times as necessary so there's just enough extra string to lock it in to the bridge.

OMG I HAVE TO TAKE WIRE CUTTERS AND CLOSE DOWN EFFORLESLY WITH MY HAND TO CUT OFF A BALL THAT WILL TAKE ONE SCOND TO DO....OHHH NOOOOOEEEEESS!!!!!!!

hey, if you break a string, and it is in backwards, you just use the extra slack you have at the headstock and bam! your string is as good as new.