For guitarists (with whammy bars on their guitars)

Rock Hydra said:
What he means is, string the ball end through the machine head, and wrap it around as many times as necessary so there's just enough extra string to lock it in to the bridge.

Why should I do that? My problem is not the proccess of cutting the edge with the ball. I don't fucking care if it breaks. My problem is the fact that I have to cut it in order to put it in the hole on the bridge and then use those irritating screws in order to lock it there. I don't want to have the worry that if I abuse the tremolo, the bloody string will leave it's place. Why should I put the string backwards? Plus, if I use the string that way, it'll be ruined. I don't think that it'll be usable anymore, if I use the ball end the second time. It'll have the shape of a coil.

NikolasK88 said:
Why should I do that? My problem is not the proccess of cutting the edge with the ball. I don't fucking care if it breaks. My problem is the fact that I have to cut it in order to put it in the hole on the bridge and then use those irritating screws in order to lock it there. I don't want to have the worry that if I abuse the tremolo, the bloody string will leave it's place. Why should I put the string backwards? Plus, if I use the string that way, it'll be ruined. I don't think that it'll be usable anymore, if I use the ball end the second time. It'll have the shape of a coil.

Then get a fixed bridge guitar.

Using the ball end a second time? Just get more strings. It's easier, allows you to clean your guitar, and it won't get dirty again so fast cause you're putting clean strings on it. Unless you can't afford them, then you have to do whatever you have to.

NikolasK88 said:

dude, you ether arn't tighting them enough or you need to replace those little black stoppers that press agaisnt your strings

Rock Hydra said:
Then get a fixed bridge guitar.

Using the ball end a second time? Just get more strings. It's easier, allows you to clean your guitar, and it won't get dirty again so fast cause you're putting clean strings on it. Unless you can't afford them, then you have to do whatever you have to.

That's not the problem. I'm too lazy to go all the way to the music store with that asshole who's got no manners to buy strings. Although, I also feel they're expensive:) Anyway, now I use my first guitar which has like the most dirt you've seen on a guitar (and no tremolo) and I'm satisfied.

War_Blade said:
dude, you ether arn't tighting them enough or you need to replace those little black stoppers that press agaisnt your strings

No, it's that this guitar that I bought (fuck that moron who suggested it!) sucks actually. To give you an idea, while I was tighting the screws, one of them fucking broke! It broke! Man, have you seen this before? So, I don't think I'm replacing anything. I'll return the bloody guitar (after 3 years:D) to the seller. Fuck the money, I just wanna get rid of it. Maybe it's not the floyd rose tremolos that suck. It must be this one, which is not an original anyway. Kahlers though are a great idea.
To anyone that's been wondering what guitar it is, it's an Epiphone gothic Les Paul (I think that's how it's called). Spare me. I was younger.

what? that guitar is a string through!
GOTHSTD-23b39d1a94c6c28eadb2ed9e501e9325.jpg

if your in the market for a new guitar get an ibanez rg

NikolasK88 said:
That's not the problem. I'm too lazy to go all the way to the music store with that asshole who's got no manners to buy strings. Although, I also feel they're expensive:) Anyway, now I use my first guitar which has like the most dirt you've seen on a guitar (and no tremolo) and I'm satisfied.
I never used to clean my fretboard either, until one day I started playing and the strings started sticking to the fretwire from all the gunk on the fretboard and strings.

BucketBanger9000 said:
hey, if you break a string, and it is in backwards, you just use the extra slack you have at the headstock and bam! your string is as good as new.

Yeah, where do they usually break that they're re-usable. I've always had the strings break near the nut or machine head, rendering them useless anyway.

Rock Hydra said:
Yeah, where do they usually break that they're re-usable. I've always had the strings break near the nut or machine head, rendering them useless anyway.

Same here....I just buy new strings then......

Rock Hydra said:
I never used to clean my fretboard either, until one day I started playing and the strings started sticking to the fretwire from all the gunk on the fretboard and strings.
Dude, that is fuckin disgusting.

I have a feeling in a bunch of the posts, that some of you are confused with what TS is saying...

TS, you can get Speedloader bridges that work well... im not all that sure about the Kahler or the Edge Pro, but if you get a speed loader (High quality) then all you do is chuck the ball end in the bridge and tune up like normal.

SEE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Rose_SpeedLoader

They're a good Idea, im gonna get a replacment for my Jackson (In black :cool: ) one day.

EDIT: There are certain strings that go in that sort of bridge.. but Im sure you can buy ones that you just use the norma strings with.

I have an Ibanez RG560 from the 80s. But I want a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen signature model when I feel I'm ready to get another guitar.

Feel_The_Force said:
lol! Does that looks like a String Thru to you???

yea..

I have an Ibanez RG560 from the 80s. But I want a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen signature model when I feel I'm ready to get another guitar.

i wouldn't get that unless you want a guitar that you can only play yngwie stuff on.

Krakatau said:
I think all the frets are scalloped. Doing chords on that thing is gonna be a bitch.

War_Blade said:
yea..

i wouldn't get that unless you want a guitar that you can only play yngwie stuff on.
nah man,a string thru would go through the body.That one has one of those tone-pro styled bridge.

I guess i shouldn't have said string through. You are right. I kinda meant hardtail. But uh yea.. okay you guys win...

I think all the frets are scalloped. Doing chords on that thing is gonna be a bitch.

no it isnt really bad once you get used to it. It is just that the guitar doesn't really have a broad use. I mean you can play yngwie stuff with other guitars. But anything else play on a yjm guitar just sounds kinda weird