For sale: Extremely (and I DO mean extremely) rare, autographed Katatonia shirt

Feb 6, 2002
Philly, USA
www.myspace.com
Here is a link to the thread where Deliverance6 sold his rare, autographed old logo Katatonia shirt on eBay to verify the authenticity of the item:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183070

I was the winning bidder, as you can see from that thread. Unfortunately, I have recently come across some money troubles and am now looking to sell a few things I don't really need. I am a huge Katatonia fan, and although this is a prized possession of mine, I can at least get the money back I paid for it almost a year ago.

Well, enough of that. Let's discuss the item itself:

According to Deliverance6's thread, only 10 of these shirts were made available to the public, and this one is made even more rare because it is signed by Anders Nystrom (the signature says Blackheim). The shirt is a small, but that doesn't really matter since it's not really for wearing anyway. Obviously, I never washed it since I've had it, but I believe it was only worn once by Deliverance6 himself to a Katatonia show, and it's still fresh and clean. It's a plain, black shirt with the old Katatonia logo on the front and the autograph underneath. Here's a few pictures I took of the shirt:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b197/wjm3982/Katatonia

I'm fairly certain I paid at LEAST $60 for this item on eBay since there were multiple people from here interested. I'd be looking for a figure somewhere around there, so let's get some good bids ladies and gentlemen. I assume this won't be an issue since there are obviously some huge Katatonia fans in this forum! What better way to make a Katatonia fan happy this holiday season than this ultimate collector's item?

Here's the link to the auction on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4807696389

Lastly, good luck to everyone bidding and may the most hardcore fan win!

haha.....wow.....if I didnt have another one I would definately buy this one back!!!!

15 of them were made.....10 were for the public and 5 for the band members......so this is one of, if not the MOST rare of katatonia artifacts.......worth 100$ if you ask me.....I unfortunately am in the same possition as Burton though....so I will not be bidding....unless santa drops a shitload of money down my chimney early!!!!

an few emails to authenticate the shirt I recieved from Anders....

Anders Nystr&#246;m <anders@katatonia.com>
Sent : Monday, March 15, 2004 9:57 PM
To : <deliverance6@hotmail.com>
Subject : Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #3902880885

hey reece!

i did sign it (or tried to.. was hard on a shirt).
let me know when u get it.
cheerz

Sent : Saturday, March 20, 2004 9:29 PM
To : "REECE CORRELL" <deliverance6@hotmail.com>
Subject : Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #3902880885

hey reece!

it makes me really pleased to hear it got there in one piece and that yer happy.
be ready to rokk out on the 4th of june...cheerz!!!

June 4 2004 was the only time I wore it....at the show of course.....I do not sweat much.....so no worries.....

good luck all

Reece

Just out of interest, are there any small to medium Katatonia T-Shirts? I had to get one made for me (so it's ultra, ultra, ultra, rare...but totally unofficial :p ) Becuase I can't find any that fit me.

I don´t know about your economical situation... so I don´t want to judge, but I think even if you make 100$ out of it...in two/three days you have already spent that money and you are back with the same financial problems and withouth a special unique collector item..so I would instead look for an extra job on week-ends or work overtime, or try to spare money by not going out for a month, not drinking beer or smoking, making only necessary phone calls, etc...instead of selling such an item...but maybe if you think that it was nice that you once had it, it´s good you sell it..nothing is forever..and I´ve learnt it´s bad to be too much affectionated to objects...

ether said:
I don´t know about your economical situation... so I don´t want to judge, but I think even if you make 100$ out of it...in two/three days you have already spent that money and you are back with the same financial problems and withouth a special unique collector item..so I would instead look for an extra job on week-ends or work overtime, or try to spare money by not going out for a month, not drinking beer or smoking, making only necessary phone calls, etc...instead of selling such an item...but maybe if you think that it was nice that you once had it, it´s good you sell it..nothing is forever..and I´ve learnt it´s bad to be too much affectionated to objects...

First I'd need A job to get an extra job or work overtime. I'm a college graduate with an engineering degree, but this isn't a very big hiring time for most companies in the area right now. And believe me, whatever money I make, I do a good job making it last as long as I possibly can.

Burton C. Bill said:
Right now in_sanity is the leading bidder. However, he has no feedback. If that's someone from here, let me know since I'd be a bit wary if someone with no feedback on eBay won my item.
Well there's hardly any risk for you right, if he doesn't pay, he doesn't get anything.

Cerulean said:
Well there's hardly any risk for you right, if he doesn't pay, he doesn't get anything.

True, however, it costs money to list an item on eBay. If he wins and doesn't pay up, I have to list the item over again and spend more money to list it. It's not a significant amount since my auctions aren't super fancy, but it's the principle of the matter.

Hey, uhm, how about you give it to me? Seeing as we have the same name, we should feel a kind of kinship, so yeah! Wow. I'm sorry, I am kidding. I would love to have this though. I'll need to do a bit of begging, or something.