For the Brits (for now): our best new Metal bands?

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
As more and more time passes I'm finding I can phase out of hunting for bands that existed before I was born and look to the present day to find Metal bands that cater for my taste. Trouble is I have a crooked memory and some stick bette than others :loco: never mind. Here we celebrate the best of the new breed, and you guys plug bands you've discovered so I can check 'em out and claim 'em for my own, bwahahaha :loco: tell us a bit about 'em too, go on o u mite.
I'll expand the geography later if I feel like it.

These guys are my particular favourites (or worth the plug):

BLAZE
DragonForce
Fallen Skies
FourWayKill
Intense
PowerQuest
Soliloquy

...and my memory's crapped out already! Might add links later, heh...

Old Season from Ireland most definitively.

Reminds me, I'd forgotten about Dark Crystal from Ireland too. I downloaded clips of them AGES back, they've been pressed onto a proper CD release now. I need to look back into those guys.

O.k. Fourwaykill as always first and fourmost (get it fourmost) they rule anyone who hasn't already the web addy is in my sig check 'em out.
Panic Cell of course but anyone who uses this board and doesn't already know the Cell needs to open their eyes more often when reading this forum.
Balance Of Silence A band who are quite local to me and for some reason I have only seen once but this is gonna change 'cause they rock check out their site for more info and a taste of their music.(in my sig again)
Gotta agree on Dragonforce and Powerquest also

Ackercocke I find is one of the most interesting bands I heard from Britain in a long time. And I still like Cradle Of Filth even though the black/death metal purists consider
them "Selling Out".

And even though these guys are from Ireland I think you guys should check out
Primordial they are a Celtic based progessive slightly black metal. "Spirit The Earth
Aflame" is a cd definitley worth picking up!

looking at your list ayeka,totally agree on all except blaze-you did say new metal bands yes?

dont know how he's gonna fare now he's lost the songwriters in the band too.thier new band rise to addiction were good at the bloodstock christmas bash.

other great metal bands from the uk include illuminatus and infobia.

fourwaykill really do top the bunch tho,like metal dog,they are one of my faves.

closely followed by biomechanical,who rule mightily also-so says the hawk meister!!