For all the Female fronted bands mentioned.....

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Im surprised with all the female fronted bands proposed for the Festival, I rarely saw the band MERCURY RAIN mentioned.

Out of all the female fronted Progressive Metal bands, these guys (and gal) would have been close to the top for me.

Apparently the band had decided to hang it up some time ago, and I never caught wind of it. Sheesh what a bummer, I really dug em.

Well, I'm not terribly a surprised a split-up band wasn't on many people's wishlists.

Hmmm I might have worded it wrong. I dont mean now, Im saying over the years on the forums and elsewhere tossing around the idea of them playing.

Then again dont mind me I already started celebrating the FIREWIND news by crackin open 2 bottles of Arrogant Bastard Ale!! Weee hooo and these hit hard on an empty stomach LOL.

I have no issue with the idea of a female-fronted band. After all. woman represent my most favorite demographic. That said, I'm not a fan of any female-fronted bands. In most cases, the problem is with the songwriting, not the woman fronting the band. Many of the woman fronting these bands have truly exceptional voices (Floor Jansen, for instance). However, there isn't a female-fronted band (now that Lacuna Coil spends more time filming videos than writing songs) that would fall in my top fifty.

Zod

Hmmm I might have worded it wrong. I dont mean now, Im saying over the years on the forums and elsewhere tossing around the idea of them playing.

Then again dont mind me I already started celebrating the FIREWIND news by crackin open 2 bottles of Arrogant Bastard Ale!! Weee hooo and these hit hard on an empty stomach LOL.

Looks like you read the FHM with Brooke Hogan on the front!!!!

I've been a sucker for female fronted bands ever since the days of Joan Jett and Vixen! LOL

Of course Nightwish and Within Temptation are the two main bands that have sparked my interest within recent years. Beautiful Sin sounds like they totally kick ass, so I'll get around to buying that sometime soon.

Woo Hoo- you are gonna have a great day - after your nap :) That stuff is excellent - I love all of their stuff I have been able to find (only about 4 or 5 of their products that I find out here in Colorado) - but on an empty sotmach in the morning? SOunds like what I did last saturday before the Notre Dame game - started at 7 am when I switched from coffee over to "fuel" to see the Irish play in person :)

I didnt see any Arrogant Bastard in Atlanta last fest - but we went to a grocery store for our supplies - gonna have to check around more next time. I did find a good local brew and a couple from Louisiana that were pretty good (anything named Purple Haze better be good).

jeff

I have no issue with the idea of a female-fronted band. After all. woman represent my most favorite demographic. That said, I'm not a fan of any female-fronted bands. In most cases, the problem is with the songwriting, not the woman fronting the band. Many of the woman fronting these bands have truly exceptional voices (Floor Jansen, for instance). However, there isn't a female-fronted band (now that Lacuna Coil spends more time filming videos than writing songs) that would fall in my top fifty.

Zod

Mmm.. That sounds like a challenge. ;)

Yeah Im feelin pretty good right about now!

One of my other loves besides cheesy Power Metal is Microbrews! Arrogant Bastard is one of only a few Barley Wine styles I enjoy. Its so fuckin potent you get drunk on the fumes!

Usually I'll drink a IPA as Im a hop fanatic. The hoppier the beers the better. I have a nice Hercules Double IPA that Im gonna induldge next!

When did they break up? Because I thought Thy Majestie drummer was drummer for them. They are a UK based band, yes? I don't think they broke up, because he was going to the U.K. just 2 months ago or so to reherse with them. But maybe it happened recently, not sure.

I've never had arrogant bastard but I own a pint glass with the logo. A friend bought it for my birthday because he thought of me when he saw it. :heh: I'm not a beer drinker. Prefer drinks like LI ice tea and white russians. My boyfriend loves beer on the otherhand. One of my brothers has been making his own for the last few months too. Still have a few bottles of orange wheat in our fridge that he gave us for our housewarming. :ill:

I've never had arrogant bastard but I own a pint glass with the logo. A friend bought it for my birthday because he thought of me when he saw it. :heh: I'm not a beer drinker. Prefer drinks like LI ice tea and white russians. My boyfriend loves beer on the otherhand. One of my brothers has been making his own for the last few months too. Still have a few bottles of orange wheat in our fridge that he gave us for our housewarming. :ill:

I guess you can scratch off my recommendation of Irish Times Pub from the BG thread haha.

If I get over there early enough I might stop by. I'll have a beer every now and then. It's just not what I choose to drink when I'm out when I have the option :)

When did they break up? Because I thought Thy Majestie drummer was drummer for them. They are a UK based band, yes? I don't think they broke up, because he was going to the U.K. just 2 months ago or so to reherse with them. But maybe it happened recently, not sure.

This is on the Mercury Rain website and their MySpace page....

16.01.06 - ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END.:

It's been seven years since we started Mercury Rain, and we've had a what we reckon is a good run. We're proud of what we've achieved, touring in Europe with Therion, playing Bloodstock 2003, the Belgian MFVF3 and all the other shows we've played, the videos we made, the albums we've released, and above all, the friends we've made along the way. Seven years is a long time out of anyone's life. Circumstances change, priorities change, and if you're not fired up any more, it's just not going to happen. You have to want to be in a band to get anywhere, and if you not into it 100%, there's no point. A band is about sacrificing all your time, a lot of money, dealing with disappointment as well as success, and investing your emotions in everything you do. You make friends, you lose friends, and you hope that at the end it was worth it. For us it definitely was.This is where we are right now, at a very low ebb. It is a sad day, and we are all feeling a bit lost, but deep down we know we are making the right decision, and it's time to switch off the light and close the door.
Thanks to everyone who made being in Mercury Rain such an amazing and unique experience.
Sonia, Dion, Roy, Claudio & Jon.

This is on the Mercury Rain website and their MySpace page....

16.01.06 - ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END.:

It's been seven years since we started Mercury Rain, and we've had a what we reckon is a good run. We're proud of what we've achieved, touring in Europe with Therion, playing Bloodstock 2003, the Belgian MFVF3 and all the other shows we've played, the videos we made, the albums we've released, and above all, the friends we've made along the way. Seven years is a long time out of anyone's life. Circumstances change, priorities change, and if you're not fired up any more, it's just not going to happen. You have to want to be in a band to get anywhere, and if you not into it 100%, there's no point. A band is about sacrificing all your time, a lot of money, dealing with disappointment as well as success, and investing your emotions in everything you do. You make friends, you lose friends, and you hope that at the end it was worth it. For us it definitely was.This is where we are right now, at a very low ebb. It is a sad day, and we are all feeling a bit lost, but deep down we know we are making the right decision, and it's time to switch off the light and close the door.
Thanks to everyone who made being in Mercury Rain such an amazing and unique experience.
Sonia, Dion, Roy, Claudio & Jon.

OH ok! Thanks

Zod

Have you heard Liva? All singing is supposedly sang in Hebrew. I only have the demo, which is 4 tracks, and all those are in Hebrew. That may solve the songwriting problem for ya. :) I also enjoy the use of the cello throughout the album. If you haven't heard 'em, you should check 'em out at
http://livaband.com/music/discography.html They have 3 clips there.